SEGA games with classical and/or heavy metal music?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

SEGA games with classical and/or heavy metal music?

Post by supershadow01 »

Just a quick question for all you SEGA music buffs out there: What SEGA games have a lot of either classical-esque music or heavy/power/gothic metal? I really like those genres of music and want to hear more of those on RadioSEGA.
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
AdeptofVale
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AdeptofVale »

I've been finding Napple Tale has a pretty wide variety of music, including some classical styles.
As for metal, definitely Guilty Gear... Persona sometimes gets that heavy I'd say.
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

AdeptofVale wrote:I've been finding Napple Tale has a pretty wide variety of music, including some classical styles.
A bit off subject, but I noticed that Rain Waltz from Napple Tale sounds a bit like the music from the show "Over the Garden Wall." Have you seen that show?
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
AdeptofVale
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AdeptofVale »

supershadow01 wrote:A bit off subject, but I noticed that Rain Waltz from Napple Tale sounds a bit like the music from the show "Over the Garden Wall." Have you seen that show?
I have, and I do agree with that!
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

AdeptofVale wrote:I have, and I do agree with that!
Good! I especially enjoyed Greg; I think he really made the show enjoyable because he alleviated some of the overall darkness with his humor. Back to the SEGA music discussion, I also just found that Napoleon: Total War has classical-style music in it.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Metal Head's got quite a good soundtrack. If somebody's made an arranged version, then I reckon that'd sound quite metal-ish.
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

Fighting Vipers is based on alternative metal, which suits the theme of the game just perfectly. :P Guilty Gear has always had heavy rock tracks aswell and now that Xrd is published by Sega, it also counts.
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Comix Zone and The Ooze appear at the top of my head, even though they were written with the Mega Drive's soundboard. I still feel the timbres chosen and the way they were used were for rock and metal writing in mind.
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

Rexy wrote:Comix Zone and The Ooze appear at the top of my head, even though they were written with the Mega Drive's soundboard. I still feel the timbres chosen and the way they were used were for rock and metal writing in mind.
Can't comment on The Ooze, but with Comix Zone that's definitely the case. However if OP is looking for pure rock/metal, it won't do, since the SMD's soundboard is quite.. peculiar.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Does third party SEGA games count? Because from what I've been hearing thru the 24/7 stream and a couple live shows, Guilty Gear Xrd's music definitely have that metal vibe for some of its songs.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010