Sega Addicts AM - How will we get cancelled THIS week?

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Rainmaker
Level 1
Level 1

Sega Addicts AM - How will we get cancelled THIS week?

Post by Rainmaker »

Alright, admittedly I'm a gigantic slacker and I should've had this thread going before the first show aired, but ah well, what's done is done. The important thing is it's here now, right?

SO! That being said, how did everyone dig the first episode? Any sort of feedback or criticisms? I already admit there are some kinks to iron out, but that'll come with time and getting used to the format.

For those that missed it, the first episode should be available in the media page soon, so please check it out and let us know what you think!

Also, I'll get to working on that EXPLICIT STEVIE CONTENT shirt eventually. Promise.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

And, just like magic, here it is: Episode 01 - First Night, Goodnight
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Missed out on the premiere episode due to sudden lack of internet. Hope what came out of it is big poppa juicy~
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Rainmaker
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rainmaker »

We like it when you call us Big Poppa.

I mean--
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA, ok. lol

Just finished listening to the first episode. Very different format from the other shows, even RSN Live. More talk than music but I think it balances out because you guys do have topics to talk about and at time can be entertaining to listen to. On the music side, I like the four-track breaks; makes for a good sounding drink from the verbal pie being shared around, haha.

Also, while this show is mature like RSN Live, I still feel Sega Addicts AM is much tamer compared to the latter. Maybe because there's no fanfiction reading involved? (DON'T TAKE THIS A SUGGESTION PLS XD )

Ultimately, successful premiere Addicts, looking forward to the next episode!
Click to reveal

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

This is much more talk-heavy (well this IS the first episode) then other shows we have. But I think the dynamic between you three works well so the dicussion never feels like it's trailing off. Also it's on at a much later time so that gives you guys a wee more leeway to let it out. I enjoyed it overall. I also agree with the timing and pace of the music breaks.

I also want some credit for the making of the EXPLICIT STEVIE CONTENT SHIRT SINCE I WAS THE ONE WHO FIRST LET THAT IDEA COME TO PASS
Rainmaker
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rainmaker »

Thanks for the comments y'all!

The Dynamic
--Now, Tom won't be joining us again for a good while. The Throwdown stream the other night was his farewell until at least September. That said, I still think we'll be alright. Stevie's one of the most fun and entertaining people I know, and while I don't exactly think I reach his levels myself, we got good ass chemistry yo. Plus, having the IRC back this upcoming week (plus Twitter!) is gonna help loads as far as having stuff to riff off of.

Talk:Music Ratio:
--Admittedly, I wasn't sure what the best balance to work with was, so we tried to do something similar to the Winterfest show. Again, with just two hosts, we might try to do some different things with the music this time. Maybe two three-song blocks each? Or maybe four each again, with a request block thrown in in place of Tom's? Which would you guys prefer? Also, as far as topics go, we literally just sorta planned them out as we took song breaks. That said, what would you all want us to kinda cover on the show in the future? We're down for literally anything yo.

Maturity
--Phew, so it wasn't a completely jarring experience! This has admittedly been the thing I've been worried about the most, because I'm never sure what lines are okay to be crossed here compared to our self-hosted shows (which, if you've seen After Hours or heard the current iteration of the podcast, you know we are habitual line steppers). Anyways, in the event we do go over the line at some point, PLEASE let us know immediately and it will never happen again.

The shirt
--TCB, you will be the second to get a shirt in the event I ever get them made, just behind Stevie.

So, all that being said, what's everyone wanting us to cover for the next episode?

Also, shouts to KC for the chaptering help on the uploaded version!
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

I usually prefer three song breaks myself, but if four is more suitable in contrast to the main talk sections, go for it! Just enough music to balance out the spoken word. Also like how you planned out what topics are going to be talked about, makes the show flow a lot more better than just spontaneous, "whatever floats your boat" banter.

As for maturity, you did say for listeners be advised as there will be adult themes and whatnot. From what I heard it wasn't really that big of a deal, even tho there were times Stevie made me go "hoo boy~" Not hating on him, he's entertaining and all and that's is good for the show! Then again, RSN Live has almost no qualms of maturity because that's how it is even before it became a part of RS. Nonetheless, what happened during the first episode is fine with me. You guys can continue on with the adult content as is, just remember not to go too overboard with it. :)