Chickaroo Reviews - Mario Kart Double Dash!! (GC)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Mario Kart Double Dash!! (GC)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Another entry in the Mario Kart series! And considered one of the best ones too! Strap in for double the fun!Game:Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Systems: Nintendo GameCube
Release Dates: 11/17/03 (NA), 11/20/03 (AUS), 12/2/03 (JP), 1/8/04 (EU)
Developers: Nintendo EAD
Double the Fun!
Gameplay:Since it’s a kart racing game, there isn't much to talk about. But in this installment, you get to race with two characters! How it works is that one character drives while the others stands on the back of the kart and throws and uses weapons. And you get to switch the characters around as much as you want at will during races.
There are two types of boxes. There’s a singular box and a double jointed box which contains two items, one for each character. Each character has their own item (or at least 2 characters sharing an item. For example, Donkey and Diddy Kong both each can use a giant banana peel).

There are a total of 4 cups, which means 16 tracks in all. There’s your typical tracks such as Bowser's Castle and Rainbow Road. But there is also unique tracks such as Dry Dry Desert where you have to be careful of a tornado going around the track or avoiding the cars in Mushroom Bridge or going around a cruise ship in Daisy’s Cruise.
Battle mode is back once more! This is where you and your friends get to fight it out in racing arenas. There’s Balloon Battle, where you have 3 hits or you die. Shine Thief where you get to hold onto a Shine for as long as you can. And there’s Bob-omb Blast, where you can only use a Bob-omb at your opponent.
Colorful Just as Ever
Graphics:This is a great looking GameCube game! It's very colorful and bright and creative. It's a joy to look at. And the animations are very fluent and awesome too see.
Catchy as Ever!
Music: This soundtrack is pretty good! From city sounds in Mushroom Bridge, to the beachy sounds of Peach Beach. It’s very upbeat and memorable. It brings back a lot of nostalgia for me.
Music is composed by Shinobu Tanaka and Kenta Nagata.
Twice the Fun Times
Overall:Double Dash!! is yet another fun Mario Kart game. It brings back a lot of nostalgia for me, as my old childhood neighbors and I would play this for hours on end in the summers. Oh the memories. Besides nostalgia, it’s a fast-paced, colorful, wonderful time.
5 / 5
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Do you think Nintendo should include a two-character kart mode as DLC for Mario Kart 8?
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

MKDD was another fun reason to own an NGC. I was humbled by the level of difficulty. Because later tracks get even tougher, as far as CC numbers climb higher. And the AI loves to push you to the limit (close to FZeroGX) I'm glad to see the crossover racing series is still going strong.