Chickaroo Reviews - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (Android)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (Android)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Hey! One of Cartoon Network’s biggest and best show right now finally has it’s own little game! And guess what? It’s actually really good! But how good?Game: Steven Universe: Attack the Light
Systems: iOS, Android, Kindle
Release Dates: 4/2/15
Developers: Grumpyface Studios
Steven Does it Again!
Story: The Gems return from a mission with a light prism they found in a battlefield. Steven then tries to mess with it and 7 bright light beams break free from the light prism. Now it’s up to the Crystal Gems to find them.
Throwback Time!
Gameplay: For a game made for mobile phones, this one is awesome! It’s a Paper Mario-styled RPG. All of the gems are on your team. To move around in dungeons, just swipe to where you want to go. If there are enemies on the screen, you will enter a battle. The 3 main gems can use attacks while Steven is a backup / healer / item user. Each of the gems have their own powers and skills with their weapons. For the battles, you have 5 stars to use per turn. The gem’s attacks take up certain stars. Once all the stars are used up, then you tap “end turn”, and then the enemy can strike. When enemies strike, you will see a star on the character they are attacking. Tap it quickly to block the attack.
The gems can level up and once they do, you can give them upgrades to their health or their attacks.
Chibi-Cartoony Fun
Graphics: The game is presented in a 2D manner similar to the show. The characters look even more cartoony, which is the charm of it all. And even all the dungeons you go through are places from the show as well. This is a very detailed game and full of eye-catching references fans will love.
Calm and Cool
Music: This soundtrack is really cool. The menu theme is really calm and cool to listen to. And the fight music is awesome and sounds just like it’d be from the show. I hope I can find the soundtrack soon.
Music is composed by Dustin Bozovich.
Another Great RPG For the Mobile Market?
Overall: Steven Universe: Attack the Light is a fun little game. It’s perfect for those who love the show (such as myself). It’s a great mini-RPG for those who are on the go. I really recommend it, you’ll love it, Steven Universe fans!
4 / 5
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

This is a rare gem, especially with the current smartphone gaming trend. But when its actually a solid title. Wow. ^_^
Never saw Steven Universe before, but the concept sounds pretty cool. (including the chibi format) haha, nice review.