Chickaroo Reviews - Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive (PS2)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive (PS2)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Okay folks, let’s just get this one done and out of the way for licensed game month. Ohhhhhh boy get ready for them 2000’s stereotypes. Buckle in for some Olsen twins fun.Game: Mary-Kate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive
Systems: Gamecube, PlayStation 2, Game Boy Advance
Release Dates: 11/26/02 (NA)
Developers: Dualstar Interactive
Oh My God Becky, It’s The Olsen Twin’s Birthday!!!
Story: As you can imagine, yes, it is Mary-Kate and Ashley’s sweet 16th birthday. And now they’re going to go out and drive around to have the best birthday party ever. Yippy.
The (Terrible) Girly Version of Mario Party
Gameplay: So it’s another Mario Party knock off. And oh god is it pretty bad. You can play as Mary-Kate, Ashley and two other girls that don’t have names I don’t think but honestly, who cares. You then pick a board and there are only 2, which is pretty damn lame. You then spin a spinner from 1-10 to see who gets to go first. And oh boy is this game slow with whoever is moving spaces. Very slow. And once everyone takes a turn, you know what that means - mini-game time! And they’re also terrible too. Some don’t work or just have the weirdest controls. They can also be really lengthy too. This whole game is rather messy and just, I don’t know how to explain it.
Choppy and Lame
Graphics: The graphics are just, special. The models are just weird looking and glitchy. Some of the characters go right through the other characters. It’s colorful, sure, but they’re just not great. The hair on their bodies are just gross.
I Feel Like a Teen in the 2000’s
Music: The music is just a bunch of teeny-bop pop songs from a bunch of nobodies. They’re catchy and the sound feel nostalgic but eh. It’s just lame.
A Great Game for REAL GIRLS?
Overall: This game is just flat-out terrible. It hardly works, it’s very slow and just ugly to look at. And actually, this game is the last Mary-Kate and Ashley game because the girls sued Club Acclaim for the games. Go figure, they were sick of them too. But hey, you could consider this game a gem from the 2000’s era.
2 / 5