2016: 25th Anniversary of the Blue Blur. Rumored Sonic game?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Well it's been three years since Sonic Team actually worked on a home console game...I don't know I think they may actually put some effort worthwhile into next year's title.

I'm going to laugh if it really is Sonic Adventure 3....imagine that.
I'd squeal and then when the game comes out be disappointed at the bad reviews. But honestly the chances of an SA3 are pretty close to none.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

I hope SEGA doesn't focus too much on the Boom side of things heading into the anniversary.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

2016 also marks the tenth anniversary of the good game called Sonic the Hedgehog. What I'd like to see is a remake of this game, and let them do what they were trying to do with this game.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

http://www.videogamer.com/news/sega_adm ... ust_2.html
Satomi teased a new home console game announcement for TGS. Maybe Sonic?
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Let's talk about Hajime Satomi saying that SEGA did its "best to build a relationship of mutual trust with older fans of SEGA, but looking back, there've been some titles that have partially betrayed that [trust] in the past 10 years."

Or not, best left maybe for another thread?

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

KC wrote:http://www.videogamer.com/news/sega_adm ... ust_2.html
Haha I came on to post that actually. Guess someone beat me to it. Though my link had a bit more stuff in it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/07/se ... iconera%29

Generally the highlight of what Satomi has said in the interview is him acknowledging that they've always been focusing on meeting schedule rather than quality. He said that they're planning to change this and focus more on quality. If this does work out then we'll be seeing much less Sonic Booms and 06's and more better quality games. And hopefully not just for Sonic games but SEGA games in general.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Quills on Wheels wrote: Generally the highlight of what Satomi has said in the interview is him acknowledging that they've always been focusing on meeting schedule rather than quality. He said that they're planning to change this and focus more on quality. If this does work out then we'll be seeing much less Sonic Booms and 06's and more better quality games. And hopefully not just for Sonic games but SEGA games in general.
*C&P from my comment off The Sonic Stadium*

There have been LOTS of things SEGA has missed the mark that isn’t even Sonic-related, such as the Phantasy Star Online 2 deal and recently Shenmue 3, which even SEGA of Japan is turning a blind eye after granting Yu Suzuki the IP to make a third installment. If they have to learn from an acquisition (that even its Westward branches don’t even bother to recognize) on how to improve itself then let it be.

I always found SEGA of Japan to be much much more better than SEGA West with everything it has done (theme parks, anime, partnerships, etc.) and if its CEO vows to gain back the trust with disheartened fans, the its HAS to relay that same message to its other branches.

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

KC wrote:http://www.videogamer.com/news/sega_adm ... ust_2.html
Haha I came on to post that actually. Guess someone beat me to it. Though my link had a bit more stuff in it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/07/se ... iconera%29

Generally the highlight of what Satomi has said in the interview is him acknowledging that they've always been focusing on meeting schedule rather than quality. He said that they're planning to change this and focus more on quality. If this does work out then we'll be seeing much less Sonic Booms and 06's and more better quality games. And hopefully not just for Sonic games but SEGA games in general.