Chickaroo Reviews - Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures (PS2)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures (PS2)

Post by chickaroo1 »

It’s about time Ed, Edd n Eddy had a video game! But is it great enough to be remembered as much as the show?Game: Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures
Systems: PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, PC
Release Dates: GBA: 9/30/05 (PAL), 11/3/05 (NA)
PC: 11/3/05 (NA), 11/25/05 (AUS)
GC: 11/3/05 (NA)
PS2: 11/3/05 (NA), 11/25/05 (PAL), 12/1/05 (AUS)
Xbox: 11/3/05 (NA), 11/25/05 (PAL)
Developers: Artificial Mind and Movement
Damn Ed-Boys
Story: Essentially, the story is really just different situations that the Eds try to solve, just like the show. Example being Jimmy having a birthday party and they aren’t invited, so what do they do? Try to sneak into the party by going in the sewers. That kind of thing really.
Because We’re Soni- Uh, the Eds of Course!
Gameplay: So the game follows a Sonic Heroes approach - play as 3 characters at once. You can play as Ed, Edd and Eddy and they each have different abilities. Pressing R1 switches between the 3 characters. They each have a melee attack, but they each have their own attacks and or moves. Ed can bash through things, Edd can jump onto high places and Eddy can reach high places too. The Cul-de-Sac acts as a hub world for all the levels. The goal for each level differs on the situation. There are plenty of collectibles such as money to buy rare and antique jawbreakers that are just there for the sake of collecting. There are also costume parts to collect to be able to play mini-levels with Ed.
Somewhat Cel-Shaded
Graphics: The graphics are...weird looking. I mean, the show looks weird itself - it’s the charm of the show. But the way their faces look is just weird, they look washed out. There is no cel shading on them, and it just looks off. But other than that, it does look like the actual show. From the cul-de-sac to the various places. It’s detailed and full of references to the show, which is a nice touch.
I Got to Know What Genre of Music This Is!
Music: The music here is very identical to the show - which is awesome! Because I was always a fan of the music in the show, it’s such a toe tapper and very memorable. I really need to know what genre it is, if any one can tell me, please do,
Music is composed by Patrick Caird.
Another Great Cartoony Game?
Overall: The Mis-Edventures is a pretty decent game. It’s got the voices from the show (which is always a plus), pretty good gameplay and toe tapping music to spare. If you’re a fan of Ed, Edd n Eddy, you’ll feel right at home.
3 / 5