Shenmue 3

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I doubt the whole Sony thing and what was reported has done much at all to this Kickstarter. If people don't think it's going to hit whatever they think it needs to then maybe they should opt for the higher backer tiers, as I imagine anyone who cared enough to back the kickstarter has. I think it's worth remembering why Shenmue 3 needs to be kickstarted in the first place.

This whole thing has made Shenmue fans look really bad and maybe a little crazy
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I don't think the Sony thing has anything to do with it. Kickstarters always have a huge push the first few days and another during the final part. It always dies down during the middle of it. Yooka Laylee is a good example.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I think Gonic makes a good point; the first two days went well, as the usual fare in getting that push. It dies during the middle before getting a little spike again in the final few days.

With that said, I'll just say it and say 10 million won't be achieved. I don't see it. Even if Suzuki is taking PayPal at the end of this.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

I think as a whole, the S3 kickstarter has done what it possibly can. However the amount accumulated, it has brought back something no one expected. A union among gamers that dare to dream.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I hope I can get this game for PC along with the first 2. I am really interested in playing it
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Well now by pledging $60 you can get a physical PS4 copy of the game.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Well now by pledging $60 you can get a physical PS4 copy of the game.
And there's a reward with you having NPC status in the game too.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Well now by pledging $60 you can get a physical PS4 copy of the game.
I updated my pledge for this. It was a no-brainer, especially as I really wanted something tangible to say that I'd backed it. Digital games aren't always my thing.
Mr. Domino
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Mr. Domino »

It's been successful, no doubt, but Suzuki really botched the Kickstarter with crappy tier prizes, sparse details, and late coming news. Revealing via the Reddit IAmA early that this would not be wrap up the story was a mistake, too. Coming in late with the "we need $10 million to make it everything we want it to be" was a mistake, too. Shenmue III will be released, but I question if fans will get to see a Shenmue 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 after this one. Frankly, I don't think the series has enough fans to sustain it to the end, and I think the game is in for a rude awakening from the press and newcomers when it does come out.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Mr. Domino wrote:Revealing via the Reddit IAmA early that this would not be wrap up the story was a mistake, too.
If you actually look back on previous interviews with Suzuki over the years, he's stated on more than one occasion that the series would've needed 4 games at least to finish the story, so the fact that he's saying it now isn't actually a new thing.