Chickaroo Reviews - Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games (GBA)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games (GBA)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Hey, a game released to kind of tie-in for the 2004 summer Olympics! And with cute little anime hamsters! This is going to be a good time.Game: Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games
Systems: Game Boy Advance
Release Dates: 7/15/04 (JP), 7/16/04 (PAL), 7/27/04 (NA)
Developers: AlphaDream
Olympic Drama - With Hamsters!
Story: The story is that it’s the olympics and all the hamsters want to compete for the gold! Especially Team Ham-Ham, Hamtaro’s team. It’s up to them to win the gold!
Get Your Game On, Little Hamster
Gameplay: So yes, this is an olympics game, but there is a hub world. You play as Hamtaro as you can run around in the different parts of the hub world. There’s the clubhouse, where you can chill with your teammates and sleep, which will transition to the next day. There are different events daily. Besides the clubhouse, there are other areas where the different events take place. There’s the beach where you get to play beach themed games such as volleyball. Or the waterfall where the swimming events take place. Or the field to do track and field events. There are many olympic events to do. And heck, they’re a lot of fun to play. I played them a lot, especially synchronized swimming. Not only can you do olympic events, you can run around the areas and collect sunflower seeds and such. There’s lots to do besides the games.
One Beautiful Game
Graphics: This game looks gorgeous! I seriously love how this game looks. It’s just like the show and it’s so cute and colorful. This is one great looking licensed game. Go look at it.
I Want This Soundtrack
Music: Dude, I love this game’s soundtrack. So much. It’s so great. And what sucks is that I can’t find the entire thing. Because the music that plays as you travel around places is just amazing. I love it so much and I wish it were easy to find them and or rip them from the game itself.
A Great Sports Game With Little Hamsters?
Overall: Ham-Ham Games is a great little sports game! The game is adorable and looks great on the GBA. I freaking adore the music and so wish I could get the soundtrack somehow. I grew up with this game and mastered it so much. It’s nostalgic as hell and it still holds up to this day.
5 / 5
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

What a neat review. Never played this one. But i remember the anime series. Too cute for words