Chickaroo Reviews - Sailor Moon (SNES)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Sailor Moon (SNES)

Post by chickaroo1 »

The guardian of love and justice finally has her very own game! But is it as great as her various adventures in the anime? Find out now or she’ll punish you!Game: Sailor Moon
Systems: SNES (Super Famicom), Arcade, Sega Genesis (Mega Drive)
Release Dates: SNES: 8/27/93 (JP), 1994 (EU)
Genesis: 7/8/94 (JP)
Developers: Arc System Works
Sailors of Rage
Gameplay: Gameplay wise, it’s a beat-em-up in the style of Streets of Rage. You get to pick one of the 5 main sailor guardians and off you go to fight. Each sailor has their own moves, or so I thought. Really, there aren’t a lot of moves. There’s a punch move and while you are punching an enemy, the more you punch, the more combos you can do. The only other moves the girls can have are jump kicks and a special move that can blow the enemies away. For example: Sailor Moon using Moon Healing Escalation with her moon wand. Other than that, the game plays out like your typical Streets of Rage game. The game is fairly easy as well.
Kawaii All Around
Graphics: The game looks just like the anime. Honestly, I love the look of anime being in a video game, especially when done right. It’s colorful and looks pretty good.
Average Fighting Music
Music: The music here is alright. And actually, some of the music in this game gets reused for a later Sailor Moon game. But it is pretty good in a way, just not upbeat for fighting.
Music is composed by Takanori Arisawa.
A Good Start for Sailor Moon?
Overall: Sailor Moon is an alright game. It looks great, but plays like your average beat-em-up game. Nothing too spectacular, but a nice game to start the champion of love and justice off with.
3 / 5
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Oh that game was hard! I can't believe how crazy it was. I tried playing it at an import shop, oh wow did it amaze me. Final Fight but on Super Star Wars difficulty.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I'm not too sure about Sailor Moon other than I really want to play this game and watch the anime. I heard that they did a recent redo of the anime