Chickaroo Reviews - Crash Bash (PS1)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Crash Bash (PS1)

Post by chickaroo1 »

The first Crash Bandicoot game to not be made by Naughty Dog! Does it make the game any good, since it’s another Mario Party clone?Game: Crash Bash
Systems: PlayStation 1, PlayStation Network
Release Dates: PS1: 11/6/00 (NA), 12/1/00 (EU), 12/14/00 (JP)
PSN: 3/21/08 (JP)
Developers: Eurocom Entertainment Software
Top of the Game
Story: Aku Aku and Uka Uka are fighting yet again in another good vs. evil type battle. But the two decide to hold a contest with the people on their team to see who can win the most games. And now it’s up to decide who will win the fight.
Mini-Game Mayhem
Gameplay: So yes, this is essentially a Mario Party clone in a way. But there is no board, just mini-games. The modes you can play at the start of the game is adventure mode, battle mode and tournament. Adventure mode is kind of like the story mode. You pick a character and are sent to a warp room where you play mini-games and then have to beat a boss within a mini-game.
The mini-games themselves are kind of fun. There’s one where you have to cover the map with your color while hopping on pogo sticks. Another one involves being on polar bears and trying to knock off your enemies on ice. They’re kinda cool.
Colorfully Bland
Graphics: The game is colorful, sure. But it’s not fun to look at. I just don’t like looking at it. The backgrounds and stuff aren’t really appealing. I just don’t like looking at this game, I can’t explain it.
Hip-Hopping-Jammin
Music: The soundtrack is alright, except for a few tracks that are actually amazing to listen to. The pogo level had the more upbeat tracks that I adore a lot.
Music is composed by Steve Duckworth.
A Grand Off-Beat Party?
Overall: Crash Bash is an alright game. It’s not the best party game out there, of course. But it’s kind of a nice alternative. But honestly, I’d rather recommend Mario Party to you guys than this. But it’s at least playable and gets straight to the good parts.
3 / 5
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

The Gem Challenges are and well ever be THE most tedious thing to play through from the game. Period.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Sounds interesting. I'm not into Mario Party so if it's similar to that I might not enjoy it, but to each their own.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

The Gem Challenges were quite difficult here and there.