Chickaroo Reviews - Spyro: Season of Ice (GBA)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Spyro: Season of Ice (GBA)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Spyro? On the go? How awesome right? Well, how does it hold up compared to its PlayStation counterpart?Game: Spyro: Season of Ice
Systems: Game Boy Advance
Release Dates: 10/29/01 (NA), 11/16/01 (EU), 12/26/02 (JP)
Developers: Digital Eclipse
This Dragon Can’t Catch A Break!
Story: Spyro is on vacation once again with Bianca and Hunter. Hunter mistakens a balloon for a sheep in a flying saucer. As it turns out, there was a message on the balloon from Zoe. The message says that another villain named Grendor is kidnapping faires! And now it’s up to Spyro to save all the fairies.
On The Go Fun! (Kinda)
Gameplay: The game is pretty similar to the original games. There’s hub worlds and portals to levels. Camera wise, it’s in a isometric viewpoint, which does work sometimes. But every once in a while, it can be hard to tell what’s up ahead due to this viewpoint as the camera is a little zoomed in on Spyro. Spyro can do all the same things he could do in the previous games, such as charge, glide and breathe fire. The goal of each level is to rescue the fairies that have been kidnapped. There’s even a Sparx mini game, just like in the good ol’ days. Getting more fairies gets you to more levels and bosses to other worlds.
Accidental Death
Graphics: The game looks pretty good for a GBA title. The 3D looks pretty good. But the isometric view can be a little disorienting. Like, it’ll be hard to see what’s up ahead, which is a bad thing, especially if there are enemies up ahead. This can cause losing lives and maybe some game overs. Which can get infuriating.
It’s Passable I Guess
Music: The music is alright. There’s nothing really memorable to them in a way. I can’t really remember much of it anyway so.
Music is composed by Robert Baffy and Ed Cosico.
What Does The Future Hold For Spyro?
Overall: Spyro: Season of Ice is an alright game. It may not be as great as the PlayStation 1 games, but hey, at least it’s a Spyro adventure on the go right? Eh, maybe.
3 / 5
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I remember this game! I played it when I had a GBA in grade school! I loved playing it! :D