Requesting issues

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Requesting issues

Post by Jamie64326 »

I don't know if it was a spare in a moment thing, but I seem to be having issues requesting tracks. It comes up with this
Your request has failed:
803: Unable to connect to content.radiosega.net:1221. Station might be offline.
The error returned was Connection timed out (110).
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Jamie, this is something that is happening to everyone. Last night the server went under maintenance, yet even after its completion at 8am this morning it was still bugged. Simon and Whooa are still working on it, and given the complexity of the issues, it's likely to take a while.

I don't know if I said too much or too little on the whole situation, but I hope you understand the basic idea of what's going on.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Not just the requesting but SEGA Addicts AM is unable to broadcast. I was told on Twitter live shows should have no problem going on air since the server itself it fine.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I am gone for a couple weeks and come back to all these bugs. DX Nu fair! Any estimate as to when they'll be fixed?
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

Rexy wrote:Jamie, this is something that is happening to everyone. Last night the server went under maintenance, yet even after its completion at 8am this morning it was still bugged. Simon and Whooa are still working on it, and given the complexity of the issues, it's likely to take a while.

I don't know if I said too much or too little on the whole situation, but I hope you understand the basic idea of what's going on.
I understand Rexy :) I wish those two well in fixing the issues.
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Twinny wrote:Not just the requesting but SEGA Addicts AM is unable to broadcast. I was told on Twitter live shows should have no problem going on air since the server itself it fine.
It's strange, because Whooa asked me earlier today to test the stream and I am able to operate it just fine. He also tested it himself yesterday. So we have no idea exactly what made the Addicts come up short.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

Rexy wrote:It's strange, because Whooa asked me earlier today to test the stream and I am able to operate it just fine. He also tested it himself yesterday. So we have no idea exactly what made the Addicts come up short.
Could it be possible that it was some sort of issue on their end, and they never realised it? Also it's good to see live shows aren't or shouldn't be effected.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

So... as you may have noticed we've been having some issues with the stream and requests.
We moved servers earlier this week and some things didn't go as smoothly as expected. Our Web Team is still ironing out the kinks, but the 24/7 stream is up (save from some occasional test periods) and live shows are unaffected.
We're working hard to get requests back up asap so please bear with us and enjoy the (more than welcome) variety of the 24/7 stream! :)
Gum
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Gum »

Hope all the fixes go smoothly- thank you all for working so hard!
May possibly be a magical girl
https://twitter.com/SentientToast

Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

KC wrote:So... as you may have noticed we've been having some issues with the stream and requests.
We moved servers earlier this week and some things didn't go as smoothly as expected. Our Web Team is still ironing out the kinks, but the 24/7 stream is up (save from some occasional test periods) and live shows are unaffected.
We're working hard to get requests back up asap so please bear with us and enjoy the (more than welcome) variety of the 24/7 stream! :)
The bolded part would explain how Addicts AM wasn't able to broadcast back on Tuesday then?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010