Sonic Runners

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:I just seriously hope I get him! This whole time the only one I've gotten was Omega
I did have some luck on getting characters in Sonic Runners recently (twice!) so i hope i get shadow this time.
Rolling Start!!!! :segasports:
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

The Animal Saving event is over now
Mikhail24RD wrote:I did have some luck on getting characters in Sonic Runners recently (twice!) so i hope i get shadow this time.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Y'know, I think I've finally had enough of this game.

It's not that it's unplayable, because it's not. It's not even because of the ramping difficulty, because that's something all mobile games do and, to be honest, if you can't handle that then maybe F2P mobile games aren't for you.

Nope, what's done it is something that I didn't originally have much of a problem with before, but now that there's more characters about has become something of an issue: the economy. The amount of Red Rings needed isn't a problem, but it's the odds of actually winning a character - 6% is just far too low, and even if you have Special Eggs, 12% isn't much higher either.

The last few times I've been playing, I've played for fun, but right now I actually feel like playing Sonic Dash 2 is a better option for me.

It's a shame, but if SEGA and Sonic Team want to change the economy slightly to give you better odds of winning a character, then I'm all for it. For now, though, they seem to want your money even more.
Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

Gavvie wrote:Y'know, I think I've finally had enough of this game.

It's not that it's unplayable, because it's not. It's not even because of the ramping difficulty, because that's something all mobile games do and, to be honest, if you can't handle that then maybe F2P mobile games aren't for you.

Nope, what's done it is something that I didn't originally have much of a problem with before, but now that there's more characters about has become something of an issue: the economy. The amount of Red Rings needed isn't a problem, but it's the odds of actually winning a character - 6% is just far too low, and even if you have Special Eggs, 12% isn't much higher either.

The last few times I've been playing, I've played for fun, but right now I actually feel like playing Sonic Dash 2 is a better option for me.

It's a shame, but if SEGA and Sonic Team want to change the economy slightly to give you better odds of winning a character, then I'm all for it. For now, though, they seem to want your money even more.
I understand Gavvie. The odds of getting a character and are based on luck. I may have been lucky now but i might not get the other characters (like shadow). Plus i also do understand about the red ring issue. I have played the game without any in-game purchase but if i have to do it or i dont get luck on getting characters, then i am done with this game.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I completely agree. The chances of getting the character you want is incredibly ridiculous. But none the less trying still makes the game interesting. Plus it's not like Sonic Dash where you run till you fail. There is a never ending story line involved in Sonic Runners that makes it interesting. Plus, like I use, there is the RC Battle Cruiser that highly increases your chances of red rings, which works to your advantage. Also, I really think once all the characters make their rounds, they will start over again, so stay hopeful

There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Gum
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Gum »

It seriously bites to hear that the chances are so low when trying for a character. I'd get pretty frustrated with the 6% / 12% odds for a character- and I can't imagine how taxing it'd get for red rings if luck wasn't in your favour. So far these are all problems I have yet to experience, though. I'm still waiting for a Windows version of the game (hahaha...)
May possibly be a magical girl
https://twitter.com/SentientToast

Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:I completely agree. The chances of getting the character you want is incredibly ridiculous. But none the less trying still makes the game interesting. Plus it's not like Sonic Dash where you run till you fail. There is a never ending story line involved in Sonic Runners that makes it interesting. Plus, like I use, there is the RC Battle Cruiser that highly increases your chances of red rings, which works to your advantage. Also, I really think once all the characters make their rounds, they will start over again, so stay hopeful
I hope you can get the characters in a later time. (In some way)
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

If it relies completely on luck and it's only for a short time, it only makes sense to bring them back eventually. The company wouldn't do well with getting people to download the game if eventually you can only play as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.
Mikhail24RD wrote:I hope you can get the characters in a later time. (In some way)

Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:If it relies completely on luck and it's only for a short time, it only makes sense to bring them back eventually. The company wouldn't do well with getting people to download the game if eventually you can only play as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.
True. I just need one more speed character (Shadow or someday Classic Sonic) to be equal (I mean have 2 speed characters, 2 flying characters and 2 power characters)
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

New event up.