Sonic Runners

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Sonic Runners

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

What is your opinion on Sonic Runners for the mobile device?
I personally can't stop playing it. The story never seems to end and it's interesting trying to get that high score.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

I played the game for a week right now and i have noticed some parts of the game is good while some others are bad. Here's my reason:

Good:
·Gameplay is great and fast paced.
·Soundtrack is nice. (song still is stuck in a good way)
·The story is fun.
·Getting high scores. Right now i am at Rank F (2 stars) and currently 2nd or 3rd. This means if you get a high score, that will be used for the Runners league. (and it refreshes by a few days!)

That's the good things in Sonic Runners that i know as a person that played it so far. I will tell you the bad things on my next reply.
Rolling Start!!!! :segasports:
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

The gameplay and story line are really good and the sound track is really nice to listen to as well. (I read that while the NiGHTS event goes on, if you use NiGHTS or Reala as a buddy, you can play to their music) Getting high scores is getting harder and harder to do, though, but that makes it all the more fun and rewarding. I also love collecting the red star rings to use in the premium roulette. (Thanks to my Lvl. 2 RC Battle Cruiser, I get a lot more now)
Mikhail24RD wrote:I played the game for a week right now and i have noticed some parts of the game is good while some others are bad. Here's my reason:

Good:
·Gameplay is great and fast paced.
·Soundtrack is nice. (song still is stuck in a good way)
·The story is fun.
·Getting high scores. Right now i am at Rank F (2 stars) and currently 2nd or 3rd. This means if you get a high score, that will be used for the Runners league. (and it refreshes by a few days!)

That's the good things in Sonic Runners that i know as a person that played it so far. I will tell you the bad things on my next reply.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

There are a few bad things that i need to point out that cause this game to be say not perfect:

·Getting some better or event characters and buddies via roulette. So far i have been lucky because i got two characters a few days ago (beating the odds) but it can be bad for some others. I expect a lot of people to be upset when they cant get shadow via roulette because it is due to luck (it could happen)
·Some characters are just for show really. The "easy" team (sliver, cream, and big) cost a lot of coins/red star rings and they cant really do high scores (slow speed but half of the score at the end)
·The events used to have a separate story and you can get buddies easily. Not anymore tho.

Thats the only bad things i have for Sonic Runners. It is not bad to play however. It could be my favorite sonic mobile game. In short, i would have rate this game 7.9/10: This game is not bad mobile game but can be more better and even perfect.
Rolling Start!!!! :segasports:
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I've managed to get Omega, but I was really annoyed when Retro Sonic was gone and my friends have gotten him but I could never. I am really hopeful for Shadow, but as you said, it's up to luck. I can completely imagine that each character will reappear in the roulette once they run their course.
Mikhail24RD wrote:There are a few bad things that i need to point out that cause this game to be say not perfect:

·Getting some better or event characters and buddies via roulette. So far i have been lucky because i got two characters a few days ago (beating the odds) but it can be bad for some others. I expect a lot of people to be upset when they cant get shadow via roulette because it is due to luck (it could happen)
·Some characters are just for show really. The "easy" team (sliver, cream, and big) cost a lot of coins/red star rings and they cant really do high scores (slow speed but half of the score at the end)
·The events used to have a separate story and you can get buddies easily. Not anymore tho.

Thats the only bad things i have for Sonic Runners. It is not bad to play however. It could be my favorite sonic mobile game. In short, i would have rate this game 7.9/10: This game is not bad mobile game but can be more better and even perfect.

Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I also don't like how it heats up my phone, limiting how much I can play it.
Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:I've managed to get Omega, but I was really annoyed when Retro Sonic was gone and my friends have gotten him but I could never. I am really hopeful for Shadow, but as you said, it's up to luck. I can completely imagine that each character will reappear in the roulette once they run their course.

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I've completely dropped most of my interest in playing this. However I am curious about the new characters being introduced. From the data inside of the game that was unearthed a while ago, it's no question that more characters was going to be available. What are the chances of, say, Sticks being unlockable
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

That is quite possible. They already released Classic Sonic so they may release Sonic Boom Sonic as well. Anything is possible.
TheChaosBlue wrote:I've completely dropped most of my interest in playing this. However I am curious about the new characters being introduced. From the data inside of the game that was unearthed a while ago, it's no question that more characters was going to be available. What are the chances of, say, Sticks being unlockable

Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

I am currently leading in League E with 2.6 million points. Sometimes that happens with using two characters and bonuses.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I am league B with idk how many points, but I really only use Sonic and the RC Battle Cruiser and Yacker buddies which do a lot of good
Mikhail24RD wrote:I am currently leading in League E with 2.6 million points. Sometimes that happens with using two characters and bonuses.