Shadow Original Character question

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Shadow Original Character question

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I have noticed that in a lot of fan stuff, whenever they mention an "original character - do not steal", they incorporate Shadow the Hedgehog somehow. Is that just irony or is there reason behind that?
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

[youtube]fIgOcFIo0kE[/youtube]
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

That is where I saw one of them. The other was the Let Me Smash a #Badnik video when Sonic was talking about Sticks being an original character he was holding an image of Shadow
Whooa21 wrote:[youtube]fIgOcFIo0kE[/youtube]
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:That is where I saw one of them. The other was the Let Me Smash a #Badnik video when Sonic was talking about Sticks being an original character he was holding an image of Shadow
He meant the line was taken from that webcomic. It's more of a reference to the several fan-made characters, which are mostly recolours of Sonic/other characters. Even so, the "creators" refer to them as original characters. :)
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Oh so it pretty much started with that webcomic?
KC wrote:He meant the line was taken from that webcomic. It's more of a reference to the several fan-made characters, which are mostly recolours of Sonic/other characters. Even so, the "creators" refer to them as original characters. :)

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Cause let's face it... Shadow isn't the most original looking character Sonic Team have come up with. :P
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I think that's the joke lol. Remember that Shadow and Sonic would always talk about one of them being a faker. :P
KC wrote:Cause let's face it... Shadow isn't the most original looking character Sonic Team have come up with. :P

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Yeah, I think it's a bit of both (reading my post again I see I failed to mention this).
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

So pretty much the original character thing is just a joke and doesn't really hold any significance other than in the webcomic?
KC wrote:Yeah, I think it's a bit of both (reading my post again I see I failed to mention this).

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah that's a pretty old joke. Like the others pointed out tho, it started from that webcomic and you see people using it here and there. Nothing else to it. Has nothing to do with sonic and shadow calling each other faker either. Just a fun little joke haha and also the over saturation of Sonic fan made characters.

Isn't there another joke about this stuff? Where you go on google images and write your first name followed by "The Hedgehog" and start cringing.