Chickaroo Reviews - Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Post by chickaroo1 »

A classic Pokemon game(s) has been remade just for the 3DS! And boy is it really great! Let’s see the updates, shall we?Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby / Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Systems: Nintendo 3DS
Release Dates: 11/21/14 (JP + NA + AUS), 11/28/14 (EU)
Developers: Game Freak
What Do You Get When You Mix Fire and Water?
Story: The game takes place in the Hoenn region. So as usual it starts off with a kid (a boy or girl, whichever you choose) is headed off to start their adventure as a pokemon trainer. As they go on their merry way as a pokemon trainer, there is a group of criminals (team Magma in Omega Ruby, team Aqua in Alpha Sapphire) who wish to find the legendary pokemon (Primal Kyogre in Alpha Sapphire, Primal Groudon in Omega Ruby). It’s up to you and some gym leaders to stop them from their evil ways!
Smooth, Smooth, Smooth Baby!
Gameplay: Thinking about it, the game is essentially Pokemon X / Y with a coat of Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire on it. It is, but that doesn’t matter, because the game is pretty damn great. It really is satisfying to move around in all directions and as well as seeing some kickass moves during battles. You get to run around the entire Hoenn region and it looks awesome!
New additions to the game are being able to have little secret bases in trees and being able to share them with other players. Another addition is being able to dress up your pokemon into cosplay and entering them in contests. I haven’t tried it yet but it does look fun.
The bike is back and I love riding around in the bike, it makes running around faster.
What An Improvement
Graphics: The game looks fantastic compared to the original game! It’s pretty much the same-looking as Pokemon X / Y, but that game looked great and so does this one. So what is there to complain about.
Still As Tuneful As Ever
Music: The soundtrack is also very good. The battle music is great, and all the tunes that you hear as you go on your adventure fit like a wonderful glove. It’s peaceful and relaxing while capturing the spirit of Pokemon.
Music is composed by Shota Kageyama, Minako Adachi, Hideaki Kuroda, Go Ichinose, Morikazu Aoki, Hitomi Sato and Junichi Masuda.
Worth the Remake?
Overall: Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire is a pretty good remake. It’s great to play an updated version of a great game that is now 10+ years old (wow already?). I don’t have any nitpicks about the game other than that Nintendo should’ve made red and blue cards for the game, like how the cartridges used to be. Other than that, a great game that belongs in your 3DS library.
4 / 5
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

This is my favorite 3DS Pokemon game. I loved the Delta Episode where you could catch Rayquaza and use him to stop/catch Deoxys.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

At least there IS a postgame.