ClubSEGA HIGHSCORES

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Wow KFB that sounds like it was an absolute mission to find it!

Don't worry too much about your initials, it's obvious that you've played it 4 times. But yeah, if your'e going to top it tonight then your username initials would be great. That's a healthy high score!

The HighScore is now: 7509860 - Killer French Bread
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

The attachment WP_20150906_001 (2).jpg is no longer available
Beaten the score again, barely
Attachments
WP_20150906_001 (2).jpg
Tic Tac, sir?
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Nice one, just out of interest have you made it to the bonus stage before stage 6?

The HighScore is now: 7563220 - Killer French Bread
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Figured I'd give this a crack on my Master System emulator for a laugh, as it's probably not eligible (don't have the Mega Drive version, for some reason. Got Space Harrier II, mind...)

Didn't do too badly, considering I've not played Space Harrier in ages, and with a little bit of practice I could possibly get closer to KFB.
Attachments
SpaceHarrier.jpg
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Space harrier one was never released for the Mega Drive, SH2 was a console only release made because the mega drive would never have been able to hack the graphics of the original. If you have a MAME emulator you could play it on that though.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I did have MAME, once upon a time, along with a LOT of ROMs. I don't know what I did with it though, looks like I might've gotten rid of it for HDD space.

...Quite gutted about that, to be honest.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

I'm guessing the stone pillars/heads got you Gavvie!
The Master System version isn't (obviously) the same as the original (there's less stuff on the floor etc.) so the scores can't be compared. But if you want to keep rocking that 8 bit version go for it :)
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Other ways to play it of the top of my head are the shenmue version in the arcade and on that mega drive collection for the 360 (remember people saying that was crap though, no surprise considering it was porter by Digital Eclipse).

Btw, just to get back to the original challenge stipulations, I'm assuming this score has to be achieved in one credit with no save states, level selects, continues etc? I've basically been going at it starting again from Moot every time I game over.

And yeah, I am getting just past the bonus stage atm fruit.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, I didn't think it'd be comparable, I just wanted to have a go for a laugh - the emulated version of the MS one isn't too great anyway, as there's a bit of lag between my keyboard presses and the character moving. Some items also pop in and out of the screen, so it's far from ideal.

I might see if I can re-find MAME though and get Space Harrier up and running on that. Could be fun.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Yeah the MAME version is pretty good and if you have an old flight stick hanging around anywhere, connect that one up! Instant arcade satisfaction.

I'll update the rules on the original post but I'll put them here too:

Must use the original sprites
Must start at moot (level 1)
One credit
No save states/cheats

So basically yeah KFB keep on as you are!