SEGATHON 3: Raising Money for Marie Curie!

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

SEGATHON 3: Raising Money for Marie Curie!

Post by Gavvie »

Last night on Saturday Night SEGA, I exclusively revealed the air date for SEGATHON 3, our charity fundraiser which, this time, is raising money for Marie Curie. As you may have previously known, we were looking at two weekends in particular, but had to wait until certain plans had been made before we could confirm which one we would use. These plans are still yet to be made, but I have been told that one of them will be definitely free, so I'm finally able to confirm the date. And that date is...Friday 23rd October!

Yes, SEGATHON 3 will be airing in just over 3 weeks time, from 11pm UK Time until 11pm UK Time the following day, and we'll be raising money for Marie Curie. If you haven't heard of the charity, and the work they do, I'll be posting an article up next week with more information.

In order to aid our fundraising this year, we're doing something a little different to previous SEGATHONs. If you listened to either of the first two, you would know of the SEGATHON Raffle, where kind community members (and dev studios) donated bits and bobs that we then raffled off to listeners who had donated. If you listened to SEGATHON 2 in particular, you'd also know that I proclaimed that I would buy Hatsune Miku: Project Diva-F if my personal fundraising goal of £1500 was met, which I followed through on once we did.

This time, due to the short notice and arrangement of SEGATHON 3, we're not bringing the Raffle back, but we ARE introducing "Goals" which enable you to inflict punishment on me for meeting various targets. They go up in £500 increments, and are stackable, meaning the further up the ladder we go, the more I have to do. Ready to see what we've got so far? Here we go...

SEGATHON 3 Stretch "Goals"

£500 - I will watch the entire Twilight Saga on DVD, stretched over 5 individual days, and will have all electronic devices BANNED whilst doing so. Mena will watch them with me, and tweet confirmation that each film has been watched.

£1000 - I will buy (or acquire, if I can contact SEGA Europe and they're willing to pitch in) a copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva-F 2nd on either PS3 or PS Vita, dependant on which one is cheaper/available. Confirmation of this "goal" will take place via a video posted to the RadioSEGA Twitter account.

£1500 - I will buy (or, again, acquire if SEGA Europe are feeling SUPER generous) a copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX on Nintendo 3DS. Confirmation, again, will come via a video on the RS Twitter account.

£2000 - The Twilight "goal" is upgraded to Level 2 - Instead of watching all five films over 5 days, I will marathon the entire series over 1 day. Yes, I will spend 10 hours, otherwise known as an entire day off, watching one of the most awful series of films known to Hollywood. Again, all electronic devices are banned and Mena will tweet confirmation upon completion.

£2500 - Titans Creed is going to teach me how to play World of Warcraft! Pretty simple enough - confirmation of this will be via a video on BOTH his account (here) and ours (here), so probably a good idea to subscribe to both!

£3000
- If we hit this goal...then Mena will have the pleasure (more hers than mine, I think) of waxing one of my underarms! We decided to do somewhere inconspicuous so it wouldn't look odd to anybody else. We'll film it and put it up on Twitter/YouTube, depending on how long we want to drag the video out for.

£3500 - If this goal is hit before 10pm UK Time on Saturday 24th October, then the Saturday Night SEGA episode at the end of SEGATHON 3 will be extended to a normal 2 hour episode! If the goal is hit AFTER 10pm, then nothing happens!

£4000 - If we hit this goal, I'll open up a thread on RadioSEGA and ask you guys to suggest a Hatsune Miku album for me to buy. Preferably one that is still available, that'd be nice. Confirmation will be made via a video, on the RS Twitter, of me holding the CD case and playing the CD through my home stereo.

£4500
- I will buy a RIVAL football team's football shirt. As a Man United fan, that'll make it either Man City or Liverpool. In addition, ResidentSD will buy and send me a Stourbridge FC shirt, as we see them as the rivals to Grantham Town FC (my home team). Confirmation of these goals will be via a photo posted to RS' Twitter - If I feel bold enough, it'll also be used as a PROFILE PICTURE on Facebook!

£5000
- I will watch every episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic that is currently available on Netflix UK. At the time of publication, that's FOUR SEASONS and, should more get added whilst I'm halfway through, they'll be included too. Confirmation of completion will be made via a video, posted after each season, showing that all episodes have a full red bar indicating that they have been watched. BUT WAIT! There's one more...

£5500 - SHOULD WE GET THIS FAR...I'll ALSO watch the two MLP:FiM Equestria Girls films that Netflix have as well. I'm told that there's three in total, so should the third one get added before completion of this "goal", that will be included. Confirmation, as before, will take place via a video showing both videos as fully watched.

£7000 - Get Out of Jail Card! Should we smash through the ceiling and get this far, each previously hit goal will be assigned a number, and Mena will run a random number generator from 0 to 11. Whichever number it lands on, I no longer have to accomplish that goal, e.g. if it lands on 10, I no longer have to watch all four seasons of MLP: FiM.

EXCEPTIONS! - If it lands on 1, then I don't have to watch the Twilight films over 5 days. Owing to this, the marathon goal at £2000 also falls. If it lands on 0, the card fails, and I still have to do all 11 previously met goals.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

You've got me to help raise those funds! Trying to get my family to pitch in as well. Also, have you read the message I sent regarding the idea for SEGAThon 3?
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

supersega
Level 6
Level 6

Post by supersega »

Ohh man, I would not want myself to ever get to 5000, but I will try for you!

Also, I think I'll hop in here and sweeten the deals. As none of you know, I HATE HATSUNE MIKU. Can't stand it. Can't stand the vocals, the fanboyism, the melodies that all sound the same. BUT... if we get to 1000, I'll listen to nothing but Hatsune Miku for.... 3 days. Sound good?
Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:You've got me to help raise those funds! Trying to get my family to pitch in as well. Also, have you read the message I sent regarding the idea for SEGAThon 3?
I have seen the message, yeah. I'm in the process of sorting out what guests I'll be having on and at what points, so stay tuned for further info on that.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Alright. Just message me when you have it figured out. :) The group is excited to take part in the event!
Gavvie wrote:I have seen the message, yeah. I'm in the process of sorting out what guests I'll be having on and at what points, so stay tuned for further info on that.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

Is there any chance the donations page will open up a few days early? Only I won't be able to take part in this due to being at London Comic Con, and I still want to donate and add to Gavvie's suffering!
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I've not decided when I want to launch the page yet. The earliest I'm likely to launch it would be the Friday morning, as I'm working on that day and might not get a lot of time to do it prior to the actual event itself.
Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

Ah, okay. If the page is still open after the 24 hours are done, then I'll wait until I get home on the Sunday to donate. Definitely will, though!
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Created the page this morning - there's no way to actually lock it from donations, so if you wanted to donate early, then technically you could, but I'd rather people didn't, otherwise there's no real need for me to do SEGATHON 3 in the first place

Either way, I guess if I didn't actually give you the URL, you wouldn't be able to donate anyway...unless you go Internet sleuthing.

Anywho, tonight on Saturday Night SEGA I'll be revealing two new stretch "goals" at the £4000 & £4500 levels. In the meantime, the opening post in this thread has been amended with the £7000 bonus goal we announced last week.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

New update: The £3500 goal has been decided and added into the list at the top of the page.