The Sonic Discussion and News Thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Quills on Wheels wrote: I think enough time has passed for people to stop rolling their eyes whenever a a new Sonic character is revealed.
Nope. Not yet.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote: I think enough time has passed for people to stop rolling their eyes whenever a a new Sonic character is revealed.
That will never happen.

Anyway, Project Sonic 2017 is far in the back of my mind to get into so I'll be focusing more in this post on Mania. Can I just say that I'm just not feeling the hype others are? That would make sense on a certain level, since I have no nostalgic attachment for the classics it's pretty apparent that part of the marketing doesn't appeal to me. I am liking the visuals and the music direction though.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Kaito-kun wrote:Nope. Not yet.
TheChaosBlue wrote:That will never happen.
Well... I guess.

Eitherway, I hope that whatever characters we do see don't end up just being useless comic relief like all the new characters we've had since Sonic Unleashed. I wish(I was gonna say I hope but that probably won't ever happen) that characters actually play important roles and dare I say actually develop.

But yeah, it does seem like Mania is taking all the spotlight right now until we see some gameplay footage. I'm not too much feeling the hype either but I think more than anything, people just have a lot of faith in Mania because the people working on it have proven to be well capable in the past.
Ryan the Game Master
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Ryan the Game Master »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Well... I guess.

But yeah, it does seem like Mania is taking all the spotlight right now until we see some gameplay footage. I'm not too much feeling the hype either but I think more than anything, people just have a lot of faith in Mania because the people working on it have proven to be well capable in the past.
And because it's Classic Sonic, don't forget that.

Concept: "Mobius" is still alive. Check out the "new" area![HR][/HR]Help needed for Sonic fangame project. Artists, programmers, and modelers, mainly. If you are interested, message me.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Well... I guess.

Eitherway, I hope that whatever characters we do see don't end up just being useless comic relief like all the new characters we've had since Sonic Unleashed. I wish(I was gonna say I hope but that probably won't ever happen) that characters actually play important roles and dare I say actually develop.

Mania is getting all the spotlight because they probably have nothing to show for Sonic 2017 yet and it'll likely come out way after Mania.

Buuuut, then again, if they're really going to have a new character and new gameplay component then maybe they shouldn't show anything off at all because apparently learning lessons is hard.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

So here's something... interesting. Some bit of news about the future Sonic movie.

From TSS : "The Upcoming Sonic Movie Now Has Deadpool's Director As Its Executive Producer"

I'm not a pro in this stuff but I did really enjoy Deadpool. If the Sonic movie becomes anything similar to that with witty jokes and decent action scenes, I'd be sold. Otherwise, I really hope its plots drives it forward.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Quills on Wheels wrote:So here's something... interesting. Some bit of news about the future Sonic movie.

From TSS : "The Upcoming Sonic Movie Now Has Deadpool's Director As Its Executive Producer"

I'm not a pro in this stuff but I did really enjoy Deadpool. If the Sonic movie becomes anything similar to that with witty jokes and decent action scenes, I'd be sold. Otherwise, I really hope its plots drives it forward.
Executive producing and directing are two different things, right?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Twinny wrote:Executive producing and directing are two different things, right?
Maybe it's my lack of English Knowledge or just the fact that I don't know much about making movies so I don't know what the difference is.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

It depends on how involved the producer is. Sometimes a producer is just a fancy title for someone who has invested money in the movie and it helps drive interest for the film if they flash the name around. Sometimes a producer can help influence the movie and be part of the creative process.

I wonder whatever happened to the Rent-a-Hero movie.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Btw a heads up to everyone who has Sonic Mania on pre-order. It appears the date has been pushed back to the fall. Til September.