The Sonic Discussion and News Thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Maybe I was spoiled by how Kirby Planet Robobot handled more serious undertones, but from that teaser I saw nothing that screamed ShtH/2006 levels of 'grimark'.
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Personally, I'd prefer a mix of dark/edgy and witty, maybe even lighthearted humor. If at all possible. And if what Ian Flynn said on twitter a while ago ( yesterday?) is possible, having a script done by him would be crazy good! Actually, I'm not sure if he was referring to a possibility of writing the script to Sonic 2017, the possibility of co writing a few episodes of Boom, or both. I have to find the tweet. Anyways, since we're talking about edgy/dark Sanic games, I have an issue that I need help with (sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread): is it possible to boot Sonic 06 into Japanese from an American Xbox 360, like you can do with Sonic Riders & Heroes on the classic Xbox? I know that if you change the language on the classic Xbox and boot up either of those games, that you can play them in Japanese, but I tried doing the same on the 360 a while ago, and I think that I had no such luck. Also, I think there's a limit to how many times you can do that. Either that, or changing the region. I don't really know, as I don't really have a reason to do this, other that this: Reason that I want to boot the game in Japanese, is because I've seen The Real Sonic Fan's movie of 06 on YouTube, and it was really well done (the story made a bit more sense with the way that he arranged and edited the cutscenes). I basically want to do the same thing, but in Japanese and in the highest quality possible. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Always love it when fans recreate old Sonic cutscenes on SFM.
[video=youtube;bUhEvQj9wC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUhEvQj9wC8[/video]
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

That looked good.

But the dated voice acting brings it down a few notches.
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

That.

THAT WAS FREAKIN AMAZING!!!! I couldn't stop freaking out and smiling at the whole thing. The presentation, the character expression, everything was top-notch! Gaaaaasjfisjfjridcmdkdj

You HAVE to give me a link to his/her yt channel!!!!
PTKickass
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by PTKickass »

That.... that was pretty cool!!

What I didn't like was the excessive use of Generations animations in the beggining. Like, that "looking at the foot" animation just didn't feel right in that occasion. Other than that, it was really great!
An adventure is no fun if it is too easy!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

I know I'm late to the party of say how way past cool that was. But, I don't care

That was way past cool
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

That one wasn't even perfect. You want perfect? This is perfect. This is by far the best I've seen.
Quills on Wheels wrote: [video=youtube;pU72XlMODgI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU72XlMODgI[/video]
PTKickass
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by PTKickass »

Quills on Wheels wrote:That one wasn't even perfect. You want perfect? This is perfect. This is by far the best I've seen.
Ok, that was legendary! Thanks for sharing! \o
An adventure is no fun if it is too easy!
MetalSonicCD
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MetalSonicCD »

Quills on Wheels wrote:That one wasn't even perfect. You want perfect? This is perfect. This is by far the best I've seen.
It's not perfect without

"Youre not even good enough to be m-ILL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS!"