The Sonic Discussion and News Thread

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Valaura
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Valaura »

Yeah, I really enjoyed the storybook games. The gameplay wasn't the best, but how many games (especially Sonic games) have perfect gameplay? They were the only 3d Sonic games we've had in ages, and they're actually better than most people think. The story, music and level designs are all great, and the games are really creative with their themes as well.

Of course people just immediately assume "bad" when they find out that the game uses motion controls. Mario Kart Wii used similar motion controls to Secret Rings, and yet no one complained about the motion controls there. As long as you actually TRY, the controls are fine. At least that's what I've found.

What I've found is that if you go into a Sonic game with a thinking something like: "This won't be the best game I've ever played, this won't be as good as *insert name of your favourite Sonic game*, but I'll still give it a go", then you won't be disappointed. I think the reason Sonic games get so much hate now is because people are either expecting the best game ever made, or trying desperately to find the bad things in a game so they can laugh at it and join the bandwagon of haters.

People should really stop moaning about the few 3d Sonic games there are and give them a fair go. Sonic Team have no reason to make another one as all people do is complain about them. They tried, which is more than can be said about certain other Sonic games...
EDGIEST HEDGY AROUND! :guitar:
RetroBob
Level 5
Level 5
Preferred pronouns: That bellend

Post by RetroBob »

Shaddix_Croft wrote:*Is waiting patiently for Sonic Mania LP"

I'm hoping pre orders for the Sonic Mania LP goes up very soon. I need that in my life as soon as possible!
Pre orders happening on Saturday ONLY, no limit - sounds like the numbers from the pre order will be the number they produce.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

RetroBob wrote:Pre orders happening on Saturday ONLY, no limit - sounds like the numbers from the pre order will be the number they produce.
I am pretty dissatisfied that they are not doing the whole email codes thing again, it felt more organised that way.
EDIT: turns out there wasn't a limited amount, so nevermind that. Just an omission from my end.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Sonic Mania consoles out tomorrow worldwide. PC gamers have to wait till end of this month due to bug fixes.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

kadosho wrote:PC gamers have to wait till end of this month due to bug fixes.
I am still sceptical as to how such a game breaking bug was discovered 4 (or so) days before release.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

+note, reviews have been +
Including IGN (for the first time gave a Sonic title a positive review). And official Sonic Twitter shared the humbling surprise.

Dev team did address, they are working on PC version. With update soon.

And there is a possibility of a patch for platforms.
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

Been reading the reactions for the PC release of Sonic Mania and this seems to have been the prevailing trend:

Honorable mention goes to:
[html5video]http://projectshadow.randomsonicnet.org ... uahhhh.mp4[/html5video]
RSN Network: Website | RSN Live (Matrix)
Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
Linux gamers represent!
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

People are just hating on DRM. Game works offline now. The game is really cheap and a ton of fun.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Midwinter wrote:People are just hating on DRM.
Rightfully so, I like playing my games after DRM companies shut down. Just look at the shitfest called Games For Windows Live.
There are still games out there that haven't been patched to remove it.
Bubblegumspit
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bubblegumspit »

So yesterday I watched my brother play Sonic Forces. It's really disappointing. The story isn't very good, the levels are only like a minute long, and the game play doesn't really look good either. Also the game is really short.

I don't know how I'll feel about it when I actually play the game, but I have a feeling my thoughts won't really change.