New Sonic Game for PS4 and XBOX ONE?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Sonic being on one console exclusively isn't such a bad thing - it's just the choice of console. SEGA have tried three times now to launch Sonic games exclusively on Nintendo platforms, but aside from Colours I just don't think they've been good enough. Sure, Lost World was decent (it certainly isn't BAD), but the exclusive Gamecube games ended up being re-releases of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Sonic game eventually on PS4 and Xbox One, as that's where the majority of their target market will be in the next year or two.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I wonder how well a Sonic game would even do on PS4/Xbone, neither really seem marketed to younger audiences outside of the moneysink toy games. Can't really stay with Nintendo either though since the WiiU is dead and it'll just get buried on 3DS by whatever Nintendo release. Maybe take a gamble with NX? Or just stick to mobile where the audience is.
supersega
Level 6
Level 6

Post by supersega »

They DID say at the beginning of this year, they planned to focus more on consoles. Could very well be that was for the new Ha... Hats.... HATSUNEMIKU.....game.
Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

honestly I think Sonic Boom was a missed opportunity to create two separate lines of games where the original Sonic games would be brought back to their Adventure type themes and cater to an older audience on the PS4/Xbone consoles where Sonic Boom would be the children series on the Wii U for the younger kids. It would have helped with Sonic's identity crisis too.

But nope. Sega's sega.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Quills on Wheels wrote: But nope. Sega's sega.
More like Sonic Team's Sonic Team amirite?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010