New Sonic Game for PS4 and XBOX ONE?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
SONIC123
Level 1
Level 1

New Sonic Game for PS4 and XBOX ONE?

Post by SONIC123 »

Do you guys think that SEGA will at least give it a shot on making a sonic game for the PS4 and XBOX ONE?
The attachment sad-sonic-sega.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
sad-sonic-sega.jpg
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

I'm not sure if they will. It seems Sonic is making a fair amount of money on Consoles/Mobile that are cheaper to develop for. Not to mention the target audience for new sonic games probably not being able to afford PS4/XboxOne for a good few years yet... if ever. I would love to see a graphically impressive sonic though. Maybe they can develop it for Steam!
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I think that would be a great idea for Steam to have an exclusive release of a Sonic game
i need fruit wrote:I'm not sure if they will. It seems Sonic is making a fair amount of money on Consoles/Mobile that are cheaper to develop for. Not to mention the target audience for new sonic games probably not being able to afford PS4/XboxOne for a good few years yet... if ever. I would love to see a graphically impressive sonic though. Maybe they can develop it for Steam!
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

supersonicsega
Level 1
Level 1

Post by supersonicsega »

I wishhhhh!!!!!!!!!! With all my heart
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:I think that would be a great idea for Steam to have an exclusive release of a Sonic game
Why? If the last two Sonic game are anything to go by, doing system exclusives is a horrible idea.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Sonic Boom is not part of the SEGA Japan franchise, but the SEGA America one. SEGA Japan can still use modern sonic freely
Gonic wrote:Why? If the last two Sonic game are anything to go by, doing system exclusives is a horrible idea.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Sonic Lost world however wasn't SEGA of America. Before that was launched on PC it sold poorly. Releasing a solo Sonic game on just PC would be a dumb move by SEGA.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

That's your opinion, though. My opinion is that it would be a good idea. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Gonic wrote:Sonic Lost world however wasn't SEGA of America. Before that was launched on PC it sold poorly. Releasing a solo Sonic game on just PC would be a dumb move by SEGA.

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:That's your opinion, though. My opinion is that it would be a good idea. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Would you care to explain why you think it's a good idea?
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I was always a fan of the modern sonic games, despite everyone else's belief. I think that they can pull a good one out of the hat if they were to try. But since they have already said they are done with consoles, Steam is the next best option
Gonic wrote:Would you care to explain why you think it's a good idea?