RadioSEGA's Fan Choice Song of the Year 2015 - Nomination Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

RadioSEGA's Fan Choice Song of the Year 2015 - Nomination Thread

Post by Gavvie »

Straight out of the "Oh shit I should've done this sooner" drawer, it's time to start nominating your picks for the returning Song of the Year competition, now renamed the Fan Choice Song of the Year, because that's what Rushden & Diamonds think it's called.

We'd usually run nomations through the month of November but, as stated, I left this a bit late, so instead you'll have until Friday 4th December to get your picks in, with the main competition itself starting with the final 10 tracks being played on Saturday Night SEGA on the 5th.

As before, all you need to do is post your top 5 tracks from the past 12 months in order of preference. The first track is then assigned 5 points, the second 4 points, and so on. At the end of the voting period, the top 10 tracks with the most points move onto the final voting round.

Some rules:
  • Only games that came out in 2015 are eligible - this includes re-releases of retro games on new formats (Sonic 2 on 3DS, Lost World on Steam).
  • Remixes from any year are allowed, so long as they were played on a RadioSEGA show prior to this morning. If you're going to nominate a remix, you will also need to source the show you heard it on.
  • For this year, we are now introducing SEGA TV shows in as well! If a season came out this year and we have the soundtrack, then you can request from that, too!
This is all a bit of fun, so with that said...let the nominations begin!
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Interesting you mentioned TV, because all that we're aware of for that category in recent times is Sonic Boom (no tracks from the show on the site) and SeHa Girls (season 1 ended last year). Perhaps it would be easier to mention what games / shows / whatevers are eligible - just like in 2013 - rather than letting us completely wing it. We may even discover something new in the process :)

Glad to see the nomination thread is up though! I'll need time to decide my tracks as there's been so much stuff released this year. good luck Gav!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Here's what I can list after viewing SEGA Retro and Wikipedia.
-3D Streets of Rage 2
-3D Gunstar Heroes
-3D Sonic 2
-Sonic Runners
-Yakuza 0
-Persona 4: Dancing all Night
-Lost Dimension
-Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
-Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
-Etrian Mystery Dungeon
-Citizens of Earth
-Abyss Odyssey

Now when you meant by games that originally came out in 2015, that would mean Yakuza 5, Denki Bunko Fighting Climax and Blade Arcus from Shining aren't eligible if we're talking original Japanese releases and not being re-released on a different console? Denki and Arcus both have updated versions released this year, but I'd think that wouldn't matter anyway.

In addition, Shin Megami Tensei IV came out in Japan and the U.S. before the Atlus accusation took place. Even with its European release happening after the deal, and again if going by original Japanese release date, this game isn't eligible either.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I created this thread during my lunch hour at work, so I wasn't exactly in the right place to start researching what games came out when. However, I'm now sat on my laptop so, including Twinny's suggestions above, here's what's eligible for this year's competition (all items listed have a soundtrack on RadioSEGA):

• SEGA Hard Girls - Season 1
  • 3D Streets of Rage 2
  • 3D Gunstar Heroes
  • 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic Runners
  • Yakuza 0
  • Persona 4: Dancing all Night
  • Lost Dimension
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
  • 3D Fantasy Zone II W (Released 2015 in NA & EU)
  • After Burner II (Released in 2015 as a Nintendo 3DS 3D Classic in NA & EU)
  • Fantasy Zone (Released in 2015 as a Nintendo 3DS 3D Classic in NA & EU)
  • 3D OutRun (Released in 2015 in NA & EU)
  • Thunder Blade (Released in 2015 as a Nintendo 3DS 3D Classic in NA & EU)
  • Alien Isolation (Released in 2015 on Linux and Mac OS)
  • Border Break Scramble (Released in 2015 as Version 4.5 in Arcade)
  • CHUNITHM (Released in 2015 in Japan)
  • Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax (Released in 2015 in NA & EU)
  • Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (Released in 2015 in EU)
  • Hero Bank - Anime (Season 1 still running in 2015)
  • Sonic Lost World (Released 2015 on Steam)
  • Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
As far as I can see, going by the current RadioSEGA Playlist, Wikipedia and GameFAQs, that's the full list - if there's any I've missed, then feel free to nominate tracks from them. Again, remixes from ANY year are allowed so long as they were played on a RadioSEGA show THIS YEAR.

To answer Twinny's query: Blade Arcus & Shin IV would be eligible were we to have the soundtrack, which we don't. Yakuza 5 is a different beast as, whilst it's still scheduled for a 2015 release in the West, it hasn't actually come out yet, so it's not eligible. Were it to come out in the next day or two, I'd consider it's inclusion, but to be honest I find that highly unlikely.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Let me add a few that people missed or I have ready to be uploaded:
  • Etrian Mystery Dungeon
  • Citizens of Earth
  • Abyss Odyssey
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight
  • The Legend of Legacy
There may be a couple more in the next 2-3 days but don't get your hopes up.

As an added bonus, the 30th of November episode of The Manic Monday Show will be solely focused on songs from games eligible for the nomination, so it may be worth giving it a listen if you're still undecided by then. :)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Ah, I had removed those as I couldn't see them on the Playlist, so that's cool - I'll get them downloaded over the next week or two then so I'm all up to date and ready.
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

5. Windy Hill Zone - Sonic Runners
4. Sea Bottom Segue (Tropical Resort Act 3/Lava Mountain Act 2) - Sonic Lost World
3. The World Is Mine - Project Mirai DX
2. B.B.K.K.B.K.K. - CHUNITHM
1. Sehagaga Ganbacchau!! - SEGA Hard Girls
:SEGA:
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

1. Yakuza Zero - I'm Gonna Make Her Mine [5 points]
2. 3D Streets of Rage 2 - Go Straight [4 points]
3. 3D OutRun - Camino a Mi Amor [3 points]
4. Sonic Lost World - Dragon Dance [2 points]
5. The Blast Processors - Chemical Rush (SEGA Mixer Drive, The SEGA Lounge - S2E19) [1 point]
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Twinny wrote:5. The Blast Processors - Chemical Rush
Please reference the show you heard it on, as per thread rules :)
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

5 points - The World is Dreaming - Level 99 ft. The Dreamers (SEGA Mixer Drive)
4 points - Trash FM - Benjamin Briggs (SEGA Mixer Drive)
3 points - Dreams of an Absolution (Nightlight Remix) - Bentley Jones (SEGA Lounge - S2E12 and SEGA Mixer Drive)
2 points - 2 Oku 4 Sen Man no Hitomi - ekizochikku japan - Yakuza 01 point - Open Your Heart (Crush 40 vs. Bentley Jones Remix) - Crush 40 and Bentley Jones (Voice of SEGA)(I apologize if I did this wrong. This is my first time)
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!