Maybe not a good game, yet you love it.

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:If it's such a solid entry, how come so many people complain about it when I mention it's so good?
I don't know since I've never really noticed anyone hate too hard on Minish Cap, some people probably don't like it for sure, as with all games, but it's certainly not the most hated Zelda out there. In fact it probably errs more on the side of people liking it than any Zelda game after OoT which all seem pretty split.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Minish Cap from LoZ
Twinny wrote:Which game are you referring to AlphaDog? xD
I've been told that it's too childish and that Ezlo helps you through it too much. That's why some people hate it
Reknoc wrote:I don't know since I've never really noticed anyone hate too hard on Minish Cap, some people probably don't like it for sure, as with all games, but it's certainly not the most hated Zelda out there. In fact it probably errs more on the side of people liking it than any Zelda game after OoT which all seem pretty split.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

A few games off the top of my head that I love but a lot of others seem to dislike are:

Sonic R
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3D (Mega Drive)
Chocobo Racing
Shadow of the Colossus
santefering
Level 5
Level 5

Post by santefering »

Buta wrote:A few games off the top of my head that I love but a lot of others seem to dislike are:

Sonic R
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3D (Mega Drive)
Chocobo Racing
Shadow of the Colossus
I've noticed sonic spinball gets a lot of hate but God knows why it's great! Sonic 3D I think just upset fans because it was a change, though I wasn't a fan I don't think it's a bad game.
I've always wanted to play shadow of the colossus, is it true you travel for ages and kill a huge boss? It's available on PlayStation store I think so I'm tempted.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I don't know what part of the internet you have been visiting but Shadow of The Collous is literally a contender for best game if all time.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Sonic Shuffle for Dreamcast. I can see the criticism when compared with Mario Party even though it was developed by the same company.

Also I think Final Fantasy VIII is one of the better FF games. Rank it right near VII. Even if the draw system puts me to sleep.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

A lot of the 3D sonic games from the pre-colours era are actually my guilty pleasures. I mean I've said this before and I'm sure it's getting annoying by now but there was a charm to Sonic games that got lost when Colours came about. A sense of experimentation where Sonic Team tried to do new things and see where the franchise could go. Yeah a bunch of that was garbage but it had some decent qualities. Again, some of the best Sonic story lines come from that era. Heck I'd argue that Sonic and the Black knight actually had one of the best plots in a Sonic game. And I'm pretty sure we can all agree that music for most of those games were the tits with Crush 40.
After Sonic Unleashed, colours came out and everything became very "systematic" and by the books. Sonic was decided to be this kids friendly character and therefore lost that in depth story, or it's rock soundtrack.

Outside of Sega, I'd probably say actually Slender the Arrival. I feel like people hate on the game because it was once the most over hyped thing out there and because a decent part of it is Jump scares, which I agree should be the only thing in a good horror game.
Now to be fair, I'm a lil' bitch and you'll see me crying and running to mummy if you pull a white cloth over your head and come booing at me but I felt that the environments for starters were pretty ok. You had your empty quiet house and dark lonely forest Then you had an abandoned mine which made me feel claustrophobic and I was constantly on edge not because of slenderman but because of the other thing that's following you during that level. And the thing is that that level wasn't much of a jump scare level. You had this thing constantly following you and chilling music added to the terror. I can't speak for the rest of the game because I didn't get past the mine lol.
Heck the game looks rather nice in higher graphical settings and I overall think it did it's job as a horror game. Nothing like the first Amnesia but I had my fun moments of sitting in the dark with my friend and playing it. We screamed and woke his parents up multiple times lol.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Sonic R is a really fun game imo. I have heard mixed reviews about Sonic Spinball and Sonic 3D, though.
Buta wrote:A few games off the top of my head that I love but a lot of others seem to dislike are:

Sonic R
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3D (Mega Drive)
Chocobo Racing
Shadow of the Colossus
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!