Classic Sega Game Incoming?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Classic Sega Game Incoming?

Post by Midwinter »

Late last night (before I went to sleep) SEGA's Facebook page posted that a game for those who love the classics was inbound.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/21/ ... g-tomorrow

The post has since been deleted. Not sure what to make of that...
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

This should be interesting
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

It hasn't been deleted. It's privacy setting been changed so those who are logged in and replied can see it or something.

As for what it could be, there's a possibility that it's either that 3DS Puyo Puyo game, SEGA 3D Classics combo collection....or from those numbers Aaron been messing the fan base with....Sonic 4 Episode 3. Even though it was said Sonic news would be in Februrary, but can you really trust this guy.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

@theChaosBlue Thanks - I noticed I can see it on my phone where I am logged in to Facebook. It was missing on my computer where I am not logged in. Ok - I'm excited again (just so I can be let down probably).

I have a feeling that maybe we will see the 3D Classics released at retail. Which would be a let down if I was looking for something really exciting, but would still be a welcome treat for the western market.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Yep - 3d Classics release for Americas. We'll have to see if Europe gets the release too.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

And they didn't release a new game. It's just another collection.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

3D Puyo Puyo 2 and 3D Power Drift (the one I'm most excited about) weren't released before.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I saw this and was gonna post it. But I knew it wasn't gonna be anything too special.

Like typical Sega. Of course they'd do another collection. If there's a crown for having the most "classic collection"s of older games, sega would have two.
And fair enough two of those games were japan only before but unless you're pretty full on into Sega, none of those games except Altered Beast and Sonic 1 would ring any bells. Sonic has been rereleased to death already so only thing worth jack will be AB.

/rant over
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

You can't have a Sonic anniversary with another Sonic 1 re-release. It's near tradition.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Quills on Wheels wrote:but unless you're pretty full on into Sega
I thought that was the whole point in us being here... Or SEGA still = Sonic? :)

Seriously, though, the quality of these ports is amazing and one of the best examples of fan service by SEGA (via M2) in recent times. If you haven't heard of the games before, I think you have added reasons to check them out.

If you want something else, wait until Monday for the Valkyria Chronicles Remastered announcement or, if that's not Sonic enough, February for the Sonic stuff.