Opinions on Valkyria Chronicles

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Opinions on Valkyria Chronicles

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I received a 75% coupon on Steam the other day for Valkyria Chronicles, so I bought it as I have heard a lot about it. Thing is, I don't fully know what it's about, yet I'm excited to play it. Can someone fill me in on what all to expect from this game?
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Bubblegumspit
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bubblegumspit »

I haven't played the game before, but you can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyria_Chronicles

They tell you the plot of the game, what the game play is like, etc.

Hope this helps. ^_^
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

It's a strategy RPG with a unique art style and it kinda recreated the history of World War II but with a fictional continent and countries.

I'm not usually a fan of turn-based RPGs but loved VC. You have a limited number of moves with your characters in each turn and they have an action points bar that lowers as you move them, which means you have to plan your moves accordingly. There are several classes of characters as per usual and special abilities depending on class.

I found the story to be interesting and highly recommend the game, especially if you can get it cheap.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

I've just downloaded it today! Is it a really long RPG? does anyone know the estimated play through time?

I'm really loving the art style, I'm looking forward to seeing Vyse's cameo as well.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Sounds like I made a wise choice in buying it off of Steam. I got back into playing Fairy Fencer F as I got half way and took a break, so once I beat that I am installing Valkyria Chronicles.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

It's pretty fun. Gorgeous art style. I've never finished it though because I refuse to let anyone die, dammit!
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Haha i know what you mean
Kaito-kun wrote:It's pretty fun. Gorgeous art style. I've never finished it though because I refuse to let anyone die, dammit!