JP Games on an EU Dreamcast?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Ah, fair enough. Yeah, looks like burning a boot disc is an option then, should you stop being lazy :P

I've just had a look at how to burn a Utopia disc, it doesn't actually look that hard...might have to look into doing that myself when I'm not in a different house to my Dreamcast.
AIAI1980
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AIAI1980 »

Im lucky I bought a boot disk when I bought usa copy of shenmue dc-x I think it was called. One point though for noobs like I was, when I got a vga box for my dreamcast the dc-x didnt seem to work and said no signal but apparently it was working just no picture. So I just changed disks as usually closed lid oh good picture back. It all depends about what games you like playing. Often japanese versions sell for less than pal and usa. Seeing as lots of arcade games dont need to be in English. If only I could afford to get streetfighter 2 x. I should of bought it when new although it was £60 back then. Had more disposable income back then.
AIAI1980
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AIAI1980 »

So glad I bought my dc-x back in the day.... When did I get it you ask when usa shenmue came out obviously, I could wait a few months for pal release lol. So many games released only in JAPAN! Also often cheaper on ebay for japanese version.
Wonderstargirl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Wonderstargirl »

my uncle used to burn dreamcast games for me when i was younger
AIAI1980
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AIAI1980 »

never burnt a dreamcast game i just spent 80% of my wages on dreamcast lol
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

The original mention of burning a disc was so that a bootdisc would be used, in order to launch an original copy from another region.
There is no point in this thread anymore, as the question has been answered and it has started going off topic.