RadioSEGA's Enhanced Podcasts - A Question

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...

Do You Use Chapters on RadioSEGA's Enhanced Podcasts?

Yes, all the time.
22%
Yes, but not on every episode.
11%
No, I've never used it.
67%

Total votes: 9

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

RadioSEGA's Enhanced Podcasts - A Question

Post by Gavvie »

Hi there! Gav here, from the super awesome staffing team here at RadioSEGA (not that you'd know, because..well, I'm not here much.)

As you may or may not know, ever since the very first episode of SEGA AGES over 6 years ago, the majority of our podcasts have been chaptered, meaning that if you wanted to skip to a particular track in a particular episode, you could do just that. We also used to have a dedicated team of Podcasters who would take our hosts' show files, spruce them up with album artwork and chaptering, and then push them onto iTunes & upload to RadioSEGA Media (remember that?)

Unfortunately, times change. Our Podcasters have moved onto other things, and at present the only one who can do it is KC. As you can imagine, trying to host a radio show, run a website AND chapter EVERY. SINGLE. PODCAST. is getting to be a little bit much, so we were wondering - how many of you guys actually download our podcasts and, if you do, do you even use the chaptering feature?

See, what we're proposing is simple: We stop chaptering them. If the demand isn't there, and the feature isn't being used, there's no need for us to keep doing it. KC is then pretty much just wasting his time in doing it, and if I can help it, I'd rather he didn't. On a personal level, prior to last Saturday I had four episodes of SNS waiting to be uploaded; That's not counting Club SEGA, Manic Monday and the other shows that would also need chaptering before upload.

So you see, the decision is purely in your hands. If you do use chaptering, then great - we'll look into how best to proceed from there, which would most likely be outreaching to you guys again to see if anybody's interested in being a part of our Media Team to focus on chaptering Podcasts. If you don't use chaptering, then as I said, we'll stop doing it. Upshot of that would mean that Podcasts would get thrown onto iTunes and RS a lot quicker.

If you've got any further questions, feel free to fire them over, and we'll get back to you.

Cheers!
Gav - Super Awesome RadioSEGA Staffer (Might Also Be Secret Admin, Who Knows Anymore?)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I haven't downloaded podcasts in a while, so I didn't even know y'all (and by y'all I mean KC presumably) was still doing that. I'd say drop them. And more over on that needs hoping KC doesn't have have to be the only one uploading podcasts. Yeah it sucks the old ones moved on but I do remember someone here wanting to help out. Any news on on that or what.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Makes it much much easier if in-house shows' podcasts going forward aren't chaptered. I myself was hoping to assist in doing such but never came to pass.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I don't even listen to the live shows
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Well, I actually DO listen to the shows and download the podcasts (I'm listening to the Chill episode of MM as I type this). I understand the concern, Gavvie...and you're right in every sense. However, I have a lot of time on my hands (5 days' worth of time; not even kidding) since I only take classes two days out of the seven. What I'm trying to say, is that if you'd like, I'd like to chapter a couple of shows' podcasts, to take off some of the stress from everyone's shoulders. The only thing that I'd need to know is if I'd be required to have a fast internet connection, as I don't. Let me know what you think of my offer! ^_^ Thanks, and stay breezy!