Music Consideration for Airplay

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
smooth4lyfe
Level 2
Level 2

Music Consideration for Airplay

Post by smooth4lyfe »

Hello all!
I had a question. I do a lot of video game remixes, and I have a couple remixes from SEGA games. I was wondering if I could submit some songs for consideration? Or would I have to request my own songs? XD

Thanks yall
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO GAME REMIXES
http://www.youtube.com/smooth4lyfe
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

We don't generally put fan-made remixes on the stream, with a few exceptions, MegaDriver being one of them.
smooth4lyfe
Level 2
Level 2

Post by smooth4lyfe »

Awwww darn
So how do I become one of the "exceptions"? If I may ask
I recently did a Jet Set Radio vocal remix that was recognized by Hideki Naganuma (creator of the music from Jet Set Radio), and my music has been featured on various sites.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

smooth4lyfe wrote:Awwww darn
So how do I become one of the "exceptions"? If I may ask
I recently did a Jet Set Radio vocal remix that was recognized by Hideki Naganuma (creator of the music from Jet Set Radio), and my music has been featured on various sites.

Oooooohhh, get you! You're a special wee sausage, ain't ya?

You make a good point though. What's the criteria for remixes being added to the playlist?

Although, having said that, let's just be done with remixes! Remove them from the playlist. So much easier! If folks have any real talent they're creating original work anyway. Don't you think?
smooth4lyfe
Level 2
Level 2

Post by smooth4lyfe »

Kaito-kun wrote:Oooooohhh, get you! You're a special wee sausage, ain't ya?

You make a good point though. What's the criteria for remixes being added to the playlist?

Although, having said that, let's just be done with remixes! Remove them from the playlist. So much easier! If folks have any real talent they're creating original work anyway. Don't you think?
Haha, well I was just saying
Idk about getting rid of remixes, because I love hearing new variations of original tracks.
However, I do have a lot of original work though, but I figured this was a gaming radio, it would be cool if there was a criteria for the admins or anyone to review submissions to be added to the station, sort of like OCRemix.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Kaito-kun wrote:You make a good point though. What's the criteria for remixes being added to the playlist?
That is a very good point. Something definitely for discussion.
Kaito-kun wrote:Remove them from the playlist.

If that does become the final call, let mine be the first to go (if there are any!) I've been trying to pull them where I can because they are not fit for human or animal consumption!! :P
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
AIAI1980
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AIAI1980 »

depends if the remix adds something of good interest to the original
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

A while back (2 years perhaps?) we have removed individual remixes from the rotation as well as a few remix albums that didn't meet minimum standards of quality. We currently only add entire albums that:
- Meet our quality standards;
- Have demand by our listeners.

That's why you won't find many new remixes added these days. Of course, the quality standards are our own and totally subjective. Unfortunately we won't be able to please everyone.

That being said, our DJs are more than welcome to play other remixes on LiVE shows, as we usually do. Some of us even take requests for our shows and everyone's welcome to ask for a certain remix to be played. This is true for most of our shows, but especially so for SEGA Mixer Drive, for obvious reasons. :)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Perhaps it would be nice to give all artists a try by giving them a sort of trial run. If their song gets enough upvotes by listeners, it stays, if not, they go. I don't know much about the live streams because I never listen to them but maybe the DJ could play the song once and see how it goes?

I think in general, this would be a good way for new music talents to get out there and show their stuff.