So... why do you like Sonic?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Jackisback wrote:That sad truth is...
A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T THINK VGM IS REAL MUSIC! *Crying*
Exactly! It sucks doesn't it? I really think these top-40 "artists" are manipulating & brainwashing people! What's even worse is they ALWAYS get away with it without any repercussions because either people are ok with it or they are completely oblivious to the fact! How do they accomplish this? The answer is by doing things such as: Promoting there "hotness factor" (this only applies to popular singers like Beiber),promoting said singer in a movie or TV show (see:Disney Channel stars),contests where you can enter for a chance to hang out or go to dinner with a popular singer, writing a sappy cookie-cutter love/break-up song that people can emphasise with, getting people to vote for them at award shows,having a popular singer be a judge or contestant on a reality show, getting there own sitcom/reality show/cooking show/gardening show/home renovation show/talk show/cartoon/pre-school show, being a guest star or voiceover on a popular live-action show or cartoon,showing up on commercials,etc!

However there is a high risk that comes with doing this because the singer could do something to make people hate him or her but if done correctly could have artists & record labels reaping ALL the rewards!

What's the point of doing all of this? So they could gain loyalty & tweens would buy there albums & other merchandise which means money for the artist & record label! It's a vicious never-ending cycle (which should be illegal BTW) that I'm glad I eventually grew out of! Why don't you ever see any of this brainwashing & manipulation crap with game composers? Because they are talented enough they don't need to do any of that in order to get people to buy there albums! THAT is the reason why I prefer game music (not to mention it's better & more memorable then most top-40 songs & more diverse)!

Let me say this:most (there are some exceptions hense why I said "most") Genesis,Master System,& arcade BGM is better then ANY top-40 tween pop song! In fact almost everything played on Radio Sega is better! I am glad this website exists because it's a nice escape from all this top-40 stuff that's currently plaguing the mainstream radio!

EDIT:why can't I change my font type & color?! I was able to before!

EDIT 2:
what songs do you like on here?
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

How did this become a thread about hating on the mainstream music instead of liking Sonic the Hedgehog.
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Shaddix_Croft wrote:How did this become a thread about hating on the mainstream music instead of liking Sonic the Hedgehog.
Sorry I just needed to vent lol I'm sick of the mainstream US music industry!
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

I don't think this is the correct place for such venting in a thread like this :P
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Shaddix_Croft wrote:I don't think this is the correct place for such venting in a thread like this :P
OK I'll delete my post & we can forget about this whole thing

EDIT:post has been deleted!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

"We we're never here"

*Creepy exit music insert here*

*exits thread*
MisschiefMajique
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MisschiefMajique »

Now I can only think of the creepy US game over music from sonic CD.
[SUP]Chaos and Destruction <3[/SUP]
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

That's perfect
santefering
Level 5
Level 5

Post by santefering »

Sonic games have been bloody awful. But I still love sonic 1, 2 and sonic adventure. I must admit I feel sorry for poor Alex Kidd, he deserves a new game
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

Agreed