A problem I have with some game soundtracks

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

A problem I have with some game soundtracks

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

I don't like that some songs just end abruptly while they would be better suited to fade-out or vice versa!

In this case I think game-rips are the way to go!

Why does this happen is this the fault of the sound engineers or something?

Does anybody else agree with me?

Thanks in advance!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

It does feel aggravating when your jam-in and all of sudden, Boom! The song ends. Its a mood killer for the thing you were doing.
supersega
Level 6
Level 6

Post by supersega »

I could agree to that. Most likely just due to the need to repeat audio in game, so there is no true ending, it just stops where it can be relooped.
Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

It's better to let it stop then let it get annoying.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

supersega wrote:I could agree to that. Most likely just due to the need to repeat audio in game, so there is no true ending, it just stops where it can be relooped.
But some game music actually has a proper fade-out I think it's just lazyness with the sound engineers!
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

Jackisback wrote:It does feel aggravating when your jam-in and all of sudden, Boom! The song ends. Its a mood killer for the thing you were doing.
This has just reminded me of the amount of times this has happened when I've requested a song on RadioSEGA and a show cuts it off in the middle. >_< Annoying even if it's not a game.
Mikurotoro92 wrote:But some game music actually has a proper fade-out I think it's just lazyness with the sound engineers!
I agree with this. It's poor design.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Buta wrote:This has just reminded me of the amount of times this has happened when I've requested a song on RadioSEGA and a show cuts it off in the middle. >_< Annoying even if it's not a game.
Haha! Well, time waits for no... song.
Buta
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Buta »

KC wrote:Haha! Well, time waits for no... song.
Very true, haha! :3
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

Vary Pun-ny good sir...*insert Chirps from crickets here*...*Hint of sadness after realization of making a bad pun that can't meet up to the original start of this Joke*...
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Some songs that abruptly end can successfully pull it off without any problems BUT unfortunately Wavemaster doesn't know how to abruptly end a song!

Look at some of the cartoon albums I mentioned earlier or even most other game soundtracks: they know how to properly end a song abruptly by slowing down then coming to a complete stop as opposed to Wavemaster which just lets the song immediately end without any kind of real "finish"!

To tell you the truth it's kinda off-putting & makes me not want to listen to any of Wavemaster's modern soundtracks!

I wonder if any of Wavemaster's sound engineers actually went to college & took music production class?

Apparently not!

What I am trying to say is the cartoon albums & most other game soundtracks feel more professional & have actual heart put into them while Wavemaster's stuff feels amateur & is lacking heart!

I love Sega BUT they need to improve there music distribution service!