I'm sick of putting up with my brother!

What it says on the tin...
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

I'm sick of putting up with my brother!

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

I can't take this anymore all he does is complain about being bored like a selfish bastard & my mom always sides with him! He's dragging me down & I just want it to STOP I am sick of being treated like I don't even matter to my family! I'd rather baby-sit 5 kids then continue to put up with this crap! I need to move out but I don't have a job yet because jobs are hard to find right now so how can I deal with this & stay sane until I can channel my inner Sonic & run away REALLY fast from this hell? Thanks in advance!

I think all of this is happening because my brother went to Disneyland when he was a kid & I never got to because I was supposedly "too young" which is a bunch of BS I know the real reason I didn't get to go is because the lady who took him didn't like me! Maybe things would be better right now if he didn't go to Disneyland as a 5 year old since it was a big mistake taking him there because it turned him into such a freaking SPOILED & SELFISH BASTARD!

I don't usually tell random people on the internet about problems in my life but idk where else to turn! Please help me! :(
MisschiefMajique
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MisschiefMajique »

I wouldn't know exactly what it was like as I don't have siblings, however I do see the unfairness with my mom and her brother and sister.

I know a parent shouldn't have favourites, but more often than not they do. My mother is literally running herself into the ground looking after my grandmother and grandfather, yet they treat her like dirt. Any time her brother or sister turn up for an hour or two, they're like saints. It's always like this, my mum gets told she's stupid (because of her dyslexia, back in the day they didn't know about it so she didn't do well at school) and never listen to her advice as a carer.

Ironic thing, my mum is a qualified senior carer capeable of managing a whole nursing home wing. And NO. ONE. LISTENS.

I assume you're having the same kind of issue. There are a couple of things I can suggest to at least lighten the blow;

1. If you can't find a paid job, start some voluntary work. It doesn't have to be often or full time, I'm assuming you're still relatively young and this will be invalueable experience. Not only will it take you out of your current situation, but you will be learning workplace skills that will be valueable in the future. Another bonus is you will get to meet people that you may not meet otherwise and you never know what kind of opportunities can arise from this.

To me, personally, your brother just sounds like a spoiled brat. Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do about this, I have a cousin that is very similar (and we live pretty close together. I pretty much hate her guts). Take baby steps first by distancing yourself from the situation a little. This is where you need to be the grown up, also if you're not already, take a bit of responsibility for chores around the house; don't be asked to do things and be more proactive. Don't give them the chance to put you down or find faults in what you do.

... Well except for liking Sonic and stuff. Then just let them keep their opinions to themselves.

I wish you luck
[SUP]Chaos and Destruction <3[/SUP]
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

I agree with theses methods for getting away from problem.

But, to help you deal with it, when you are forced to be up close by the "fire". It's best to just not show any weaknesses. Just smile and don't stoop to there level. For instance, if the little pest says something that is mean and unjust. Don't say anything back or show that you were effected or that will show that you had to justify that your better. But, on look back, you were no better then the little brat was.

So just smile and don't show that you hate there guts.

P.S. and if you want to feel better in the situation. Try teaching them a life lesson when the chance comes. From what I've dealt with. The brats are the lease educated with life lessons. Try to help them better them self's. (note: if you want the lesson to sick. try to make it there idea to better them self.)
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

MisschiefMajique wrote:I wouldn't know exactly what it was like as I don't have siblings, however I do see the unfairness with my mom and her brother and sister.

I know a parent shouldn't have favourites, but more often than not they do. My mother is literally running herself into the ground looking after my grandmother and grandfather, yet they treat her like dirt. Any time her brother or sister turn up for an hour or two, they're like saints. It's always like this, my mum gets told she's stupid (because of her dyslexia, back in the day they didn't know about it so she didn't do well at school) and never listen to her advice as a carer.

Ironic thing, my mum is a qualified senior carer capeable of managing a whole nursing home wing. And NO. ONE. LISTENS.

I assume you're having the same kind of issue. There are a couple of things I can suggest to at least lighten the blow;

1. If you can't find a paid job, start some voluntary work. It doesn't have to be often or full time, I'm assuming you're still relatively young and this will be invalueable experience. Not only will it take you out of your current situation, but you will be learning workplace skills that will be valueable in the future. Another bonus is you will get to meet people that you may not meet otherwise and you never know what kind of opportunities can arise from this.

To me, personally, your brother just sounds like a spoiled brat. Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do about this, I have a cousin that is very similar (and we live pretty close together. I pretty much hate her guts). Take baby steps first by distancing yourself from the situation a little. This is where you need to be the grown up, also if you're not already, take a bit of responsibility for chores around the house; don't be asked to do things and be more proactive. Don't give them the chance to put you down or find faults in what you do.

... Well except for liking Sonic and stuff. Then just let them keep their opinions to themselves.

I wish you luck
Thanks for the advice! Another thing I forgot to mention is he's a hypocrite because he supposedly despises cartoons yet his fav character is Mickey Mouse who is wait for it...a CARTOON CHARACTER! That would be like saying I hate platformers but my fav character is Sonic!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Can I ask how old you are? Just so I know what sort of advice I should be giving.
supersega
Level 6
Level 6

Post by supersega »

I had this same problem. Just wait a while until you're more mature (as well as, no offense, but possibly less annoying as I know now I was annoying as anything) and soon your parents will come to their senses.
Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

He is right on that. -_-
santefering
Level 5
Level 5

Post by santefering »

Best thing I did ( it's scary at first but then you realise you had no reason to be scared ) was leave home and get a studio apartment. Bills weren't too high even with my crappy kitchen job. I loved the nights I had in playing videogames and getting pissed.
Now I live with my fiancé in a nice flat, have 2 easy part time jobs and still enjoy our nights in playing streets of rage 1 + 2.

What I'm trying to say is.... Leave home as soon as you can and enjoy yourself. Yes you have to work but the time off is more rewarding. I'm 35 and still enjoy my boys toys. As soon as I get paid from one job next week I'm buying a dreamcast.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

It's getting worse he actually HIT me! Why can't he move out already?! I hate him so much even if he is my brother I REALLY wish I had a normal brother (or a sister)!

I'm feeling overwhelmed & stressed out because of him (my mom is too) I can't take it anymore which is why I'm glad RS exists it takes me away from all the crap I have to deal with every day!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

Hang in there.

You can survive. There is always a rainbow after every storm and I believe in you to get through the "bad weather".