-

Post by ChadFox_ »

-
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Hmmm, fair point you make there.

However, I am pretty sure you said 06 was your favourite game, and that you were looking for the source code for it in order to fix the issues in it, as it was (admittedly) Sonic Team's final decent game.

What happened to that? I am interested.
ChadFox_
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ChadFox_ »

Because that was well over a frickin' year ago, and the charm of the game has all vanished since then.

Besides, I'm working on my own game now, so I don't have any interest in fixing this game anymore.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

There is nothing more to say about how bad it is. Everything that has needs to be said has been. Im personally fed up of heading about it. Especially when Sonic Boom was a lot worse.
MisschiefMajique
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MisschiefMajique »

I appreciate how funny and useful some of the glitches are in 06, or bad level design in places. Sonic Boom literally did not have anything worthwhile.

I especially had a tantrum on 100% completing shattered crystal for the crappy house party at Amy's at the end. It was like they trolled us.
[SUP]Chaos and Destruction <3[/SUP]
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

It's better than nothing. *shot*
ChadFox_
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ChadFox_ »

For the record, although the majority of the crowd believes that this is one of the worst games to ever exist and that there aren't any positive redeeming qualities about this game, I am now part of this major crowd. This game is frickin' horrible, and ever since I turned it off last Tuesday, that was the last time that I've touched the game, and probably will. I am actually selling it sometime this week, and getting about $1.60 for it. I don't give a crap, as I don't really want to see it again.

This game was an absolute letdown for me in the long run. An ABSOLUTE letdown. I guess what ruined it for me the most was the unpolished controls and the really boring level design.

The strange thing is, a lot of people think that these games are too big, and that this game as hub worlds that are too big. Well, I personally think they're a bit too small. It took practically no time at all for me to memorize these hub worlds, and when I replayed the stages, I basically memorized the entire stage layout for practically... well, every stage. I can draw all of the stages out without a guide at this point. Sonic Unleashed drastically fixed this level design problem.

This game was WAY WAY WAY too disappointing to me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. How could this game have so little to offer? I thought I was going to play another Sonic Adventure-type game, but it isn't. This isn't even close to a Sonic Adventure game.

I know, I know. I'm repeating myself. It's just that this game seriously lost all of its charm for me, and really let me down, and I don't think I'll ever get over that.
LastKeyMusic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LastKeyMusic »

It's kinda entertaining in a... hilariously bad way

But playing through it was a pain too ;-;
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

ChadFox_ wrote:For the record, although the majority of the crowd believes that this is one of the worst games to ever exist and that there aren't any positive redeeming qualities about this game, I am now part of this major crowd. This game is frickin' horrible, and ever since I turned it off last Tuesday, that was the last time that I've touched the game, and probably will. I am actually selling it sometime this week, and getting about $1.60 for it. I don't give a crap, as I don't really want to see it again.

This game was an absolute letdown for me in the long run. An ABSOLUTE letdown. I guess what ruined it for me the most was the unpolished controls and the really boring level design.

The strange thing is, a lot of people think that these games are too big, and that this game as hub worlds that are too big. Well, I personally think they're a bit too small. It took practically no time at all for me to memorize these hub worlds, and when I replayed the stages, I basically memorized the entire stage layout for practically... well, every stage. I can draw all of the stages out without a guide at this point. Sonic Unleashed drastically fixed this level design problem.

This game was WAY WAY WAY too disappointing to me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. How could this game have so little to offer? I thought I was going to play another Sonic Adventure-type game, but it isn't. This isn't even close to a Sonic Adventure game.

I know, I know. I'm repeating myself. It's just that this game seriously lost all of its charm for me, and really let me down, and I don't think I'll ever get over that.

Honestly... what did you expect?

This game has been out for more than a decade and you didn't expect it to be horrible? Like damn man...

And I agree with the others. If this game made you this furious, you have no idea how bad Sonic Boom is.
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

There is a reason why the game has been called a Obvious Beta. I don't think more than two years of development went into the game when the industry standard is around four to five years.

Also this
RSN Network: Website | RSN Live (Matrix)
Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
Linux gamers represent!