How can I get a radio show?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

How can I get a radio show?

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

I wrote to KC a few days ago about starting my own show but haven't gotten a response yet does it take a while to get a response? Sorry if I sound like a nag but I'm just wondering thanks in advance & keep up the good work!

I love that this radio plays songs from the more obscure & forgotten Sega games along with more popular stuff like Sonic! (if I had my own show it would be all about obscure & forgotten games)
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

That man is extremely busy, but there's no doubt he'll get back at you eventually!
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

To speed up the process make sure you have sent him a demo of your radio show idea. Have a read of this as well: https://www.radiosega.net/community/getinvolved/
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

i need fruit wrote:To speed up the process make sure you have sent him a demo of your radio show idea. Have a read of this as well: https://www.radiosega.net/community/getinvolved/
Ok what do you mean by sending him a demo of my idea? Do you mean a video outlining the basic concept of my show similar to a pitch for a TV show where you tell them the characters,setting,plot,etc?
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Yeah, just make a 30 min example of what thew show will be like live. Play some tracks and talk about whatever the theme of your show is about. I'd stay away from video as it is a radio show, so just the audio will suffice.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Mikurotoro92 wrote:I wrote to KC a few days ago about starting my own show but haven't gotten a response yet does it take a while to get a response?
Oh, so that was you... I usually don't reply to unidentified emails. Next time, keep in mind it wouldn't hurt to do a more professional looking email. You are trying to land some sort of "job" here after all. I'll give it a look later today, though, and send you a reply.

But since INeedFruit already mentioned this, yes, you'll need to record a demo of your potential show. It'll serve as a pitch for both you as a show host and your idea.

I'm assuming you have already read the "Got a show idea?" bit here. As mentioned, hosting a show is not an easy job and will require commitment and hard work.
Ravsieg wrote:...there's no doubt he'll get back at you eventually!
I am a very vengeful person. XD
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

Definitely true. When I got involved I wouldn't have guessed how tough it would be. :P
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Why is hosting a show hard work? I have plenty of time I'm never busy I can commit to doing a show however if I decide at any point I want to quit would I be able to? Sorry I don't know the logistics of hosting a live radio show!

Oh one other thing I notice that all the advertisements for the live shows have an intro song do I get to pick my own unique intro song from the playlist or is it picked for me?
KC wrote:Oh, so that was you... I usually don't reply to unidentified emails. Next time, keep in mind it wouldn't hurt to do a more professional looking email. You are trying to land some sort of "job" here after all. I'll give it a look later today, though, and send you a reply.
Sorry I'm completely new to this whole thing lol
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

KC wrote:Oh, so that was you... I usually don't reply to unidentified emails. Next time, keep in mind it wouldn't hurt to do a more professional looking email. You are trying to land some sort of "job" here after all. I'll give it a look later today, though, and send you a reply.
Sorry I'm completely new to this whole thing lol
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

Hosting a show is hard work because (and not only):

- Getting acquainted to RadioSEGA's massive audio database.
- Doing research so that you know what you're talking about.
- Learning how to use all the software that's required, then fine-tuning it all (believe me, this takes time), and setting the playlist up; always ready for possible last-minute changes.
- Write the whole format down and plan your segments. There are shows that are about randomness, but still...

It doesn't look to be that much, but when you get into it...

Worst of all?
After being told you're trying to land a sort of "job" here and that you should look more professional... you just asked if you can quit at any point if you decide so. How bad of a shot on your own foot could it be? That's not even a "no-no", it's a "no-no-nonono-nooooOOOOOoOO-NOOOO".
I just posted on the other thread about lacking professionalism, that refers here.
RadioSEGA will definitely not ablige to anyone who wavers on their own commitment. Do you think any minimally reputable real-life institution will lend its resources to someone who openly talks about the possibility of leaving on a whim? It would make them look foolish and harm its reputation. Let alone setting them back in both time and money.

About the intro song, it's decided between yourself and the higher-ups, but it's more complex than that.

EDIT: I'm not writing off your chances here, but still I feel it's best to warn you on what you're doing wrong.