How can I get a radio show?

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Ravsieg wrote:Hosting a show is hard work because (and not only):

- Getting acquainted to RadioSEGA's massive audio database.
- Doing research so that you know what you're talking about.
- Learning how to use all the software that's required, then fine-tuning it all (believe me, this takes time), and setting the playlist up; always ready for possible last-minute changes.
- Write the whole format down and plan your segments. There are shows that are about randomness, but still...

It doesn't look to be that much, but when you get into it...

Worst of all?
After being told you're trying to land a sort of "job" here and that you should look more professional... you just asked if you can quit at any point if you decide so. How bad of a shot on your own foot could it be? That's not even a "no-no", it's a "no-no-nonono-nooooOOOOOoOO-NOOOO".
I just posted on the other thread about lacking professionalism, that refers here.
RadioSEGA will definitely not ablige to anyone who wavers on their own commitment. Do you think any minimally reputable real-life institution will lend its resources to someone who openly talks about the possibility of leaving on a whim? It would make them look foolish and harm its reputation. Let alone setting them back in both time and money.

About the intro song, it's decided between yourself and the higher-ups, but it's more complex than that.
So you're saying I'm not ready to host a show yet?
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

For the record, I enjoy the names you've posted.

But yes. There's a lot that needs reassurance before you're given the keys. I'll reiterate this though: I'm not in charge of RadioSEGA, I'm just a host. What I say is not to be taken as definite, but it's what I can opinate / advise from experience.