Name suggestions for my potential new live show

What it says on the tin...
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Name suggestions for my potential new live show

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

I'm not sure what to call my potential new live show I am looking for a name that is catchy & reflects the theme of my show (obscure,underrated,& forgotten Sega games) I was thinking something like "Vault Sega" "The Sega Vault" or "The Other Side of Sega" as in I'll be playing BGM from games that AREN'T Sonic! What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

As enthusiastic as you may be, which appears to be a lot (and I like it), it's massively outweighted by the light approach. Like KC said on the other thread, you're trying to land some sort of "job" here. RadioSEGA may be non-profit and targeted at a very specific audience, but it still has a reputation to maintain.

This is not the place or the time for this kind of discussion, and it's inappropriate to open discussions with the whole world about a semi-professional project you want to come up with. Let alone before its foundations have been laid upon with the organization! Having RS on your own hands and work takes responsibility and level-headedness.
The discussion you're trying to have -could- possibly be valid IF you were already deep in discussions with the higher-ups and it would be likely you'd get the show, and even so, projects of this level are always held on some level of secretism before being announced. Voicing it now is way too precocious and seriously hurts your prospects.

It might not be for profit, but this still requires a certain level of professionalism that with each and every post you're making yourself appear not to have any idea how to oblige, and to a degree, how the world works.

I hope you can prove me wrong later on, but still I have to be very honest with you for both your and RadioSEGA's own good. You do appear to be very interested and enthusiastic, those are huge pluses. But your non-professional, relaxed approach is massively setting you back at least for now. People change, who knows.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Ravsieg wrote:As enthusiastic as you may be, which appears to be a lot (and I like it), it's massively outweighted by the light approach. Like KC said on the other thread, you're trying to land some sort of "job" here. RadioSEGA may be non-profit and targeted at a very specific audience, but it still has a reputation to maintain.

This is not the place or the time for this kind of discussion, and it's inappropriate to open discussions with the whole world about a semi-professional project you want to come up with. Let alone before its foundations have been laid upon with the organization! Having RS on your own hands and work takes responsibility and level-headedness.
The discussion you're trying to have -could- possibly be valid IF you were already deep in discussions with the higher-ups and it would be likely you'd get the show, and even so, projects of this level are always held on some level of secretism before being announced. Voicing it now is way too precocious and seriously hurts your prospects.

It might not be for profit, but this still requires a certain level of professionalism that with each and every post you're making yourself appear not to have any idea how to oblige, and to a degree, how the world works.

I hope you can prove me wrong later on, but still I have to be very honest with you for both your and RadioSEGA's own good. You do appear to be very interested and enthusiastic, those are huge pluses. But your non-professional, relaxed approach is massively setting you back at least for now. People change, who knows.
Ok sorry I'll delete my thread
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Ravsieg wrote:As enthusiastic as you may be, which appears to be a lot (and I like it), it's massively outweighted by the light approach. Like KC said on the other thread, you're trying to land some sort of "job" here. RadioSEGA may be non-profit and targeted at a very specific audience, but it still has a reputation to maintain.

Ok sorry I'll delete my thread

EDIT:I can't delete my thread
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

The thread is best stood open until anyone who's actually in charge of RadioSEGA reads it. They might disagree with me, who knows!
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Ravsieg wrote:The thread is best stood open until anyone who's actually in charge of RadioSEGA reads it. They might disagree with me, who knows!
The only reason I brought up name suggestions is for the pitch I will send to KC I mean like with a TV show or movie don't you need to tell the people you are pitching to the name of said show or movie?

Also what do you think would be easier: hosting a radio show or remixing?