Rent-A-Hero Movie?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Rent-A-Hero Movie?

Post by Midwinter »

I know this isn't entirely "Sega Gaming" related, but I didn't want it to get lost in the generic entertainment section for Sega fans that only look to this thread for Sega news.

The buzz is that Rent-A-Hero is going to have a movie released if all goes according to plan. It sounds like a perfect time for Sega to release at least a digital copy of the Dremacst/Xbox remake the west never received.
supersega
Level 6
Level 6

Post by supersega »

Sounds pretty awesome! First time I've heard the news though.
Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Steve Pink is one of the writers on the film. I'm not familiar with his most recent work, but I've seen a couple of his movies. Not sure if this is a plus or a negative at this point, but at least it has a real industry player involved with the film script.

They need to get Yu Suzuki involved.
LastKeyMusic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LastKeyMusic »

Bruh I'd be completely okay with that!
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

I've never seen gameplay of it. Only heard the theme song on the stream. What is the story like, if any/how's the gameplay/what genre is it?
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

That's an odd choice to turn into a movie what's next one of Sega's sports games gets adapted into a movie?!

Also according to my bro the game is an RPG! (& he knows his stuff so yeah) but it was NOT a good choice to adapt an obscure Japan-only game into a movie!