Do you want to start hearing Sega BGM on TV commercials?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Do you want to start hearing Sega BGM on TV commercials?

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

I would rather hear Sega then the same old boring stock or licensed stuff most commercials in the US use! Do you guys agree? Also what BGM would you want to hear on a commercial & why do you think it would fit said commercial? Thanks in advance!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

I do like this idea and it would make the commercial brakes more enjoyable.

For my pick of music for a commercial
It would be:
[h=1]Big Fishes at Emerald Coast[/h]
For any election commercials that are for Hillary. Just so I could stop getting so salty a the TV when those pop up.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

I don't think it would be that difficult for big companys to obtain the necessary usage rights from Sega but I think the problem is VGM isn't treated as regular music in the US so they would rather use a big-name popular top-40 singer so both the company & the artist's record label can get more money! I know in other countrys like Japan they use VGM in commercials all the time but the difference is it's more widely-accepted there! It sucks!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

How would you get more people that aren't video game fans, to enjoy VGM with out a bias of "video games don't have real music"
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Jackisback wrote:How would you get more people that aren't video game fans, to enjoy VGM with out a bias of "video games don't have real music"
Therein lies the problem:how to attract non-VGM & video game fans to game music!

I have a blog but that can only do so much which is why I think the solution is to start featuring VGM on TV commercials instead of the same old stock BGM or licensed top-40 song! The problem is people have been brainwashed for so long into thinking the same-old top-40 love/break-up song is the ONLY kind of music that exists or should exist (which is NOT true!) & everything else doesn't matter but by having VGM on commercials it would ensure that the "general public" AKA the people who watch TV is exposed to VGM!

Also to clarify: I am NOT talking about movie-style orchestral VGM although any kind of VGM (even the crappiest of the crappy) would be better then the music we're forced to put up with on our commercials!

EDIT:I think VGM should also be on the mainstream radio in the US like with the UK & Japan don't get me wrong websites like RS are nice BUT what about people without online access? Should they be left out? Not to mention the radio stations desperately need diversity it's nothing but country,rap/hip-hop,R&B,& top-40 pop!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

The way I get people to listen to VGM is by not telling them.
example: I was with my Mom in the car and I put on some of the ost's of sonic 06 without say what it was. She thought that it was cool. But, I feel that if I said " hay is it OK that I put on some sonic ost's", the answer would be a no.