SEGA Movie possibilities

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...

What SEGA film are you most excited to see?

Shinobi
50%
Sonic
40%
Rent-a-Hero
10%

Total votes: 10

RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

SEGA Movie possibilities

Post by RapidRun »

Okay. I used to be a big movie lover when I was younger, but ten or so years back until now I've not been interested in going to the theatres anymore. Reason? Stale quality. Solution? SEGA, BABY!

Honestly, with SEGA's great track record with animations, I believe they have the potential to work some magic on Hollywood's bad rep with video game films. Especially if they seek out more community involvement as they did with Sonic Mania (I know it hasn't come out yet...shhhh; I think it looks beautiful). And even if they don't look towards the community, they could always seek out Marza Planet and other past collaborators (e.g. Night of the Werehog, Sonic OVA)?

Which brings me to my question for all of you: which of SEGA's countless AAA IPs would you love to see on the big screen? Also, try to think about how well a plot would fit in with the game, not something like that Tetris film that's supposed to come out soon. That said, people are saying that it will be a science fiction movie, therefore the plot should be somewhat decent...right?

Despite me saying that about plot, I believe that a game like OutRun, despite it having literally no story elements, could work. Reason I say that, is because the screenwriter could have a lot of creative liberty in regards to the script. For example, the film could be a typical "Fast and the Furious" title, what with the rivals and such (please don't; we have enough of those...isn't there like 7 of them already?!). Alternatively, they could make it a romantic-road trip film, what with your girlfriend. Actually, I just thought of something! A story element could tie in with the lyrics from that one song from OutRun 2, called "Life was a Bore". It could be about the woman living a boring, day to day life, with a 9 to 5 office job, who finally finds her freedom from her monotonous life in the form of her new boyfriend, and his Teslarossa. Let's just hope that if they go that route, that it doesn't end up being another 40 Shades. Ew.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on a future SEGA film? And if you feel up to it, give us a brief synopsis of how you'd like the film to play out! I'd love to see how many possible future screenwriters there are on this fine website!

Stay breezy!

—RapidRun
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

How about a movie adaptation of one of Sega's sports games (tennis,golf,baseball,racing,fishing,etc) or something really weird like Alex Kidd or Puyo Puyo? I have NO idea how to adapt thouse into movies even your suggestion for Outrun sounds better then what I came up with! lol

Also the movie for Outrun should have a subtitle such as "Outrun:Last Wave" or your suggestion "Outrun:Life was a Bore"!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Considering that the Sonic move is in production, it's worth thinking about what it could be about. Obviously, being a game, story is going to play a much larger part.

Ideally for me, being an Adventure fanboy, I'd love to see them take inspiration from the Adventure series or even the Archie comics to create a movie that's more than just the traditional Sonic story where Eggman does something evil and Sonic stops him. I mean the core plot of the movie should still be that, just like all Sonic stories are, but I'd like to see more depth, more character development. I'd like to see plot twists and sad emotional parts that both adults and children can find memorable. Something for all ages, not just a movie that could have just as well been a 1 hour plus Sonic Boom episode.
I wouldn't even mind if it wasn't an original story. I'd be just as happy if they were to adapt the Sonic 3 and Knuckles story or Sonic Adventure 1 or 2 stories into a movie. In fact, adapting Sonic 3 n K and adding in splashes of Sonic CD would probably be a perfect way to introduce the world to the world of Sonic.

-ahem-

But jumping back to realism here, most likely we'll see a pixar-like movie.

------------------

This would never happen but It'd be funny to see Sega do a Sega Cinematic Universe like Marvel or DC. Make seperate movies like of their popular titles and then clash them all together into a Sonic and Sega all stars movie. :P
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Shinobi gets my vote. Always loved the series, wish Sega would give it more attention. That and I think it'd be the easiest to make a movie out of.

Not mentioned in the poll but obviously there's Shenmue as well.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Shinobi is already getting a movie adaptation
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Having never played the Shinobi series of games nor Rent-A-Hero, I have to pick the Sonic option. XP
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

These are all amazing responses! This is the first time that I've started a thread and had it be active. Thanks for responding!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

I just want some VG movies from Sega.

Everyone else is getting into it.

Also congrats for the successful thread RapidRun.
santefering
Level 5
Level 5

Post by santefering »

Streets of rage but only if done in a 70s/80s gritty VHS way like the death wish movies and the Warriors film.
Also golden axe. Basically Conan the barbarian mixed with Lord of the rings thing of walking and walking.lol
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Thank you, Jackisback!

- - - Updated - - -

That is a great idea, santefering! Like, have you seen Kung Fury? If not, definitely check it out. Both the short film & the retro-stylized game on Steam, iOS or Android. It's freakin awesome & hilarious.