Do you guys think the less popular sports in the summer & winter Olympics should...

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Do you guys think the less popular sports in the summer & winter Olympics should...

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

get more representation on TV in the US outside of the Olympics? I think they should I mean it's not like these sports started out as Olympic-exclusive sports in the first place so why should they be relegated to only airing during the Olympics? It just doesn't seem right plus I thought part of the purpose of the Olympics was to increase the awareness of the less popular sports! What do you guys think? Do you agree with me? Thanks in advance!

Also since RS is from the UK I want to know what Olympic sports air in the UK outside of the Olympics! Here in the US the ONLY Olympic sports aired outside of the games are basketball,boxing,cycling,golf,soccer,tennis,volleyball/beach volleyball,wrestling,rugby,swimming,& gymnastics everything else is NOT aired in the US outside of the Olympics!
AIAI1980
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AIAI1980 »

Not athletics. We have lots of athletics in the UK the diamond league and the likes.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

AIAI1980 wrote:Not athletics. We have lots of athletics in the UK the diamond league and the likes.
You guys in the UK probably have all of the specialized sports featured in the Olympics! I'm kinda tired of the same old baseball,basketball,& football on American TV I honestly think American TV sucks it's mainly reality shows & cartoons with some sitcoms & procedural dramas! I'm sick & tired of it which is why I want to see all the Olympic sports (that aren't already on TV of course like soccer or golf) broadcasted outside of the Olympics!

The only show I currently watch is the Freeform show Guilt (have you seen it? it's filmed in the UK) & I watch that online otherwise I really don't watch much on TV!