VGM you just can't understand the appeal of

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

VGM you just can't understand the appeal of

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

What popular song from a game do you not understand the appeal of?

For me it would be the song "Running in the 90's" from Initial D Arcade Stage I mean it's constantly requested on here (in fact it was requested just a few minutes ago)!

I posted a screenshot at the bottom as proof!

Plus I even found a Youtube video that uses it I'm not kidding check it out:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-seeo7gJF0!

You KNOW the song is over-rated when most of the comments are about where to download said song instead of pertaining to what the video is ACTUALLY about (what ruined Nickelodeon)!

Now what exactly is the appeal of the song?

(granted I've never played Initial D Arcade Stage but there's other Sega arcade BGM I actually DO like)!

Why do people like the song?

Actually this can apply to ALL the vocal songs in IDAS! I honestly think they're kinda dumb & nonsensical BUT to each there own I guess!

This also backs up what I recently said about VGM being slightly over-rated since most of the comments on the video were about the intro music rather then the subject of the actual video!

The attachment 90's.JPG is no longer available
Attachments
90's.JPG
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Maybe you should read up a bit on what Initial D is, what Eurobeat is, who "Max Coveri" is, and why Running in the 90s isn't exactly VGM.

Just because you don't like the song, doesn't mean others don't, and just because you can't understand it, doesn't mean others can't.

Additionally, the fact that it is requested so many times means that people like it, and there's nothing that can be done about that.
Mikurotoro92 wrote: You KNOW the song is over-rated when most of the comments are about where to download said song instead of pertaining to what the video is ACTUALLY about (what ruined Nickelodeon)!
No, that's just you being biased. Just because people are asking, doesn't mean they didn't watch and/or enjoy the video, as well as get the meaning behind it. They just liked the song and wanted to know what it is.
Mikurotoro92 wrote: Why do people like the song? Actually this can apply to ALL the vocal songs in IDAS!
Because they like a certain music genre?

Each to their tastes, but statements like
Mikurotoro92 wrote: I honestly think they're kinda dumb & nonsensical
are just plain wrong.

I understand that you have an opinion, but everyone has their own tastes in music, and you don't see me complaining about what you like, or even making any kind of statements about it.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

I think most of the BGM in the Initial D games all sound the same honestly if there was a such thing as "formulaic music" then Initial D would be IT!

Sorry but no thanks!

Also when I said "I honestly think they're kinda dumb & nonsensical" I was referring to the songs themselves NOT the people who like them I think the songs are dumb & nonsensical!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

You must have some kind of vendetta against VGM as this is your second topic about it in a negative light huh?

Also your using the word 'over-rated' in the sense that you want people to stop liking what you don't like.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

You're using the word 'over-rated' in the sense that you want people to stop liking what you don't like. Please don't :(
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

You must have some kind of vendetta against VGM as you seem to keep talking about it in a negative light.

Also your using the word 'over-rated' in the sense that you want people to stop liking what you don't like.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Gonic wrote:You must have some kind of vendetta against VGM as you seem to keep talking about it in a negative light.

No I love VGM but I DO have a vendetta against crappy VGM!

Another example of a game with popular music that I personally think is crap is Jet Set Radio I mean HOW can people actually like that stuff?!

(no offense)
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Mikurotoro92 wrote:No I love VGM but I DO have a vendetta against crappy VGM!

Another example of a game with popular music that I personally think is crap is Jet Set Radio I mean HOW can people actually like that stuff?!

(no offense)
Because, people have different taste in music. For example, I don't like Dub-Step, I think it's loud and obnoxious but other people do. It's part of what makes every person unique.
Ace_Croft
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Ace_Croft »

You add "no offence" but your post is nothing but offensive. Sorry but you're being childish at this point.
Come follow my ramblings on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/Ace_Croft
Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

(After reading the whole fourm post closely)

I understand that you dont like certain VGM but a lot of other people (including me) like them. I do like certain music (like Initial D Arcade Stage and Jet Set Radio) because they make me happy and feeling hyped for the day. I know you are trying to make an opinion but by this point you are just attacking those people who like those songs because those songs are "dumb"

This site actually has introduced me to a lot of good SEGA video game music (from the arcades, consoles, handhelds etc...) and i respect people who has a certain taste in music. Some like the classics while some people like remixes. Just please understand and just respect our choices and dont sound rude to us.
Rolling Start!!!! :segasports: