What was your first Sonic game?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Dude water in Sonic games was always terrifying for me as a kid. Once I reached Labyrinth Zone in Sonic 1, I stopped playing and didn't touch the game again for years to come.
MisschiefMajique
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MisschiefMajique »

I don't know why but I grew out of my fear of water in sonic games pretty quick. Labyrinth annoyed me rather than terrified me. Act 3 is a pain even to this day because I get so impatient. Thank god Chemical Plant in sonic 2 has that secret path which drops you into the boss without going near pink water.

And of course S3&K has the one water level which no one hates because it's actually FUN.
[SUP]Chaos and Destruction <3[/SUP]
Bubblegumspit
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bubblegumspit »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Dude water in Sonic games was always terrifying for me as a kid. Once I reached Labyrinth Zone in Sonic 1, I stopped playing and didn't touch the game again for years to come.
Yeah, water levels were always really hard for me. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever got to Labyrinth Zone when I played Sonic 1, which is probably because I never really played it that much. I remember one time me and my sister were taking turns playing Sonic 1 on Sega Smash Pack for Dreamcast, But I think the farthest we got was Marble Zone. Lol XD
MisschiefMajique wrote:I don't know why but I grew out of my fear of water in sonic games pretty quick. Labyrinth annoyed me rather than terrified me. Act 3 is a pain even to this day because I get so impatient. Thank god Chemical Plant in sonic 2 has that secret path which drops you into the boss without going near pink water.

And of course S3&K has the one water level which no one hates because it's actually FUN.
I think I remember my brothers telling me about the secret path in Chemical Plant Zone, and I was so excited cause I could skip the water part, but I don't think I could ever find it. Except I kind of remember doing the boss once, which was really hard for me because of the parts on the ground that open up. I would always fall into them. :wacko:
j10adn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by j10adn »

My first sonic game came with my console. I got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle with my Gamecube with a few other games like Super Smash Bros, Melee or Super Mario Sunshine. This also came with Super Monkey Ball and Crazy Taxi. Good times, Good time!
supersega
Level 6
Level 6

Post by supersega »

Mine was Sonic Mega Collection on the Gamecube. Loved the comics, music, and manuals in that collection. Sold my original copy, but a good friend of mine sent me an Xbox version. I still love sitting and listening to that music and reading the manuals!
Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?
MisschiefMajique
Level 2
Level 2

Bubblegumspit wrote:Yeah, water levels were always really hard for me. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever got to Labyrinth Zone when I played Sonic 1, which is probably because I never really played it that much. I remember one time me and my sister were taking turns playing Sonic 1 on Sega Smash Pack for Dreamcast, But I think the farthest we got was Marble Zone. Lol XD

I think I remember my brothers telling me about the secret path in Chemical Plant Zone, and I was so excited cause I could skip the water part, but I don't think I could ever find it. Except I kind of remember doing the boss once, which was really hard for me because of the parts on the ground that open up. I would always fall into them. :wacko:
The shortcut is pretty easy in chemical plant once you know where it is.

1. You'll get to a part with lots of loops and catch a glimpse at the nasty pink water before being flung up a ramp next to a star post. (Just try not to get stuck in the top of the loop just before the jump, that happens to me all the time when travelling too fast)

2. Land on the top ledge by these moving blocks. If you miss, just go all the way back up to the closed door, you'll have enough momentum.

3. Jump over the booster, this will send you right back where you don't want to go: DOWN.

4. Spindash and jump at the top of the small hill back to your LEFT. You'll land in the grey section above. Just follow this as far as it'll go.

5. You'll come across a long section and at the start pick up some rings and invincibility, there'll be one part where you will be able to fall down to the platform below.

6. Enjoy toasting the boss with your extra invincibility! (Just make sure you don't have Tails with you. I've died more thanks to him than anything else in this boss)
Bubblegumspit
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bubblegumspit »

MisschiefMajique wrote:The shortcut is pretty easy in chemical plant once you know where it is.

1. You'll get to a part with lots of loops and catch a glimpse at the nasty pink water before being flung up a ramp next to a star post. (Just try not to get stuck in the top of the loop just before the jump, that happens to me all the time when travelling too fast)

2. Land on the top ledge by these moving blocks. If you miss, just go all the way back up to the closed door, you'll have enough momentum.

3. Jump over the booster, this will send you right back where you don't want to go: DOWN.

4. Spindash and jump at the top of the small hill back to your LEFT. You'll land in the grey section above. Just follow this as far as it'll go.

5. You'll come across a long section and at the start pick up some rings and invincibility, there'll be one part where you will be able to fall down to the platform below.

6. Enjoy toasting the boss with your extra invincibility! (Just make sure you don't have Tails with you. I've died more thanks to him than anything else in this boss)
Thanks! It sounds pretty easy to do. I'll have to try it out the next time I play. ^_^
MisschiefMajique
Level 2
Level 2

Once you figure it out you'll never go back. Worth slowing down a bit to avoid all the treacherous platforming. Come to think of it when I was little and had a walkthrough in a cheats book, this was never mentioned. I found it by accident once
Antronach
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antronach »

I was hoping the shortcut was to skip the first half of the stage before the water part. It's a neat thing to do with the stage's layering, but boy if I could skip it, that'd be great. :V

Well, my first one was 2, but I never played any to death until I got Heroes 8 years later.
elhector
Level 1
Level 1

Post by elhector »

For me it was Sonic 2 on the Genesis. It still might be my favorite Sonic game :)