Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
  1. #11
    Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Land of Down Under
    Posts
    4,268
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Dude water in Sonic games was always terrifying for me as a kid. Once I reached Labyrinth Zone in Sonic 1, I stopped playing and didn't touch the game again for years to come.

  2. #12
    Chillidog Conniseur MisschiefMajique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I don't know why but I grew out of my fear of water in sonic games pretty quick. Labyrinth annoyed me rather than terrified me. Act 3 is a pain even to this day because I get so impatient. Thank god Chemical Plant in sonic 2 has that secret path which drops you into the boss without going near pink water.

    And of course S3&K has the one water level which no one hates because it's actually FUN.
    Chaos and Destruction <3

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quills on Wheels View Post
    Dude water in Sonic games was always terrifying for me as a kid. Once I reached Labyrinth Zone in Sonic 1, I stopped playing and didn't touch the game again for years to come.
    Yeah, water levels were always really hard for me. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever got to Labyrinth Zone when I played Sonic 1, which is probably because I never really played it that much. I remember one time me and my sister were taking turns playing Sonic 1 on Sega Smash Pack for Dreamcast, But I think the farthest we got was Marble Zone. Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by MisschiefMajique View Post
    I don't know why but I grew out of my fear of water in sonic games pretty quick. Labyrinth annoyed me rather than terrified me. Act 3 is a pain even to this day because I get so impatient. Thank god Chemical Plant in sonic 2 has that secret path which drops you into the boss without going near pink water.

    And of course S3&K has the one water level which no one hates because it's actually FUN.
    I think I remember my brothers telling me about the secret path in Chemical Plant Zone, and I was so excited cause I could skip the water part, but I don't think I could ever find it. Except I kind of remember doing the boss once, which was really hard for me because of the parts on the ground that open up. I would always fall into them.

  4. #14

    Default

    My first sonic game came with my console. I got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle with my Gamecube with a few other games like Super Smash Bros, Melee or Super Mario Sunshine. This also came with Super Monkey Ball and Crazy Taxi. Good times, Good time!

  5. #15
    Biggest X'Eye fan. Ever. supersega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    A place in a place, USA.
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Mine was Sonic Mega Collection on the Gamecube. Loved the comics, music, and manuals in that collection. Sold my original copy, but a good friend of mine sent me an Xbox version. I still love sitting and listening to that music and reading the manuals!
    Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

    Do I have a console addiction?

  6. #16
    Chillidog Conniseur MisschiefMajique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegumspit View Post
    Yeah, water levels were always really hard for me. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever got to Labyrinth Zone when I played Sonic 1, which is probably because I never really played it that much. I remember one time me and my sister were taking turns playing Sonic 1 on Sega Smash Pack for Dreamcast, But I think the farthest we got was Marble Zone. Lol



    I think I remember my brothers telling me about the secret path in Chemical Plant Zone, and I was so excited cause I could skip the water part, but I don't think I could ever find it. Except I kind of remember doing the boss once, which was really hard for me because of the parts on the ground that open up. I would always fall into them.
    The shortcut is pretty easy in chemical plant once you know where it is.

    1. You'll get to a part with lots of loops and catch a glimpse at the nasty pink water before being flung up a ramp next to a star post. (Just try not to get stuck in the top of the loop just before the jump, that happens to me all the time when travelling too fast)

    2. Land on the top ledge by these moving blocks. If you miss, just go all the way back up to the closed door, you'll have enough momentum.

    3. Jump over the booster, this will send you right back where you don't want to go: DOWN.

    4. Spindash and jump at the top of the small hill back to your LEFT. You'll land in the grey section above. Just follow this as far as it'll go.

    5. You'll come across a long section and at the start pick up some rings and invincibility, there'll be one part where you will be able to fall down to the platform below.

    6. Enjoy toasting the boss with your extra invincibility! (Just make sure you don't have Tails with you. I've died more thanks to him than anything else in this boss)
    Chaos and Destruction <3

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MisschiefMajique View Post
    The shortcut is pretty easy in chemical plant once you know where it is.

    1. You'll get to a part with lots of loops and catch a glimpse at the nasty pink water before being flung up a ramp next to a star post. (Just try not to get stuck in the top of the loop just before the jump, that happens to me all the time when travelling too fast)

    2. Land on the top ledge by these moving blocks. If you miss, just go all the way back up to the closed door, you'll have enough momentum.

    3. Jump over the booster, this will send you right back where you don't want to go: DOWN.

    4. Spindash and jump at the top of the small hill back to your LEFT. You'll land in the grey section above. Just follow this as far as it'll go.

    5. You'll come across a long section and at the start pick up some rings and invincibility, there'll be one part where you will be able to fall down to the platform below.

    6. Enjoy toasting the boss with your extra invincibility! (Just make sure you don't have Tails with you. I've died more thanks to him than anything else in this boss)
    Thanks! It sounds pretty easy to do. I'll have to try it out the next time I play.

  8. #18
    Chillidog Conniseur MisschiefMajique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Once you figure it out you'll never go back. Worth slowing down a bit to avoid all the treacherous platforming. Come to think of it when I was little and had a walkthrough in a cheats book, this was never mentioned. I found it by accident once
    Chaos and Destruction <3

  9. #19

    Default

    I was hoping the shortcut was to skip the first half of the stage before the water part. It's a neat thing to do with the stage's layering, but boy if I could skip it, that'd be great. :V

    Well, my first one was 2, but I never played any to death until I got Heroes 8 years later.

  10. #20

    Default

    For me it was Sonic 2 on the Genesis. It still might be my favorite Sonic game

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RadioSEGA is a fan site and is not owned or endorsed by SEGA Corporation.
All music tracks played on this station are © SEGA and/or respective artist(s).
The SEGA logo and all associated characters are © & ™ of SEGA Corporation.

RadioSEGA is © 2009 Mark Kidley and © 2011-2013 Simon Shirley - oh, and probably Gavin Storey too!
Contact Us
About RadioSEGA
Help & Support
Staff Login