I think the Dreamworks movie Shark Tale is the most blatant example of self-promotion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

I think the Dreamworks movie Shark Tale is the most blatant example of self-promotion

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

I am currently watching it on Cartoon Network & it is the absolute biggest example of shameless self-promotion I have EVER seen!

Let's see...

All the characters have there respective voice-actors' faces literally plastered onto them

The underwater setting isn't even original unlike other movies & shows with this setting type like Finding Nemo,The Little Mermaid,Bubble Guppies,Octonauts,& SBSP!

(all shows & movies that successfully pull off this type of setting unlike this!)

The movie's main selling point was the music that's featured in it but unlike Frozen with "Let it Go" the songs aren't even original!

It was "Celebrity Promotion: the Movie"!

(in other words it was mostly made to promote the featured singers' albums along with other celebrities)

Even Sega & Nintendo aren't THIS bad with shameless self-promotion I'd much rather see Sonic show up in non-Sonic games or see the "Wii" logo show up in Wii Sports or Wii Fit then watch this terrible & pathetic excuse for a "movie"!
Blueblur2006
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Blueblur2006 »

Out Of Curiousity... Did You Watch Mr. Enter's Review?
ImageI'm Outta Here!
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

To be fair, this hasn't been the only thing to use a person's likeness for a character. It didn't work well with Shark Tale, but many others things such as video games have taken character voice actor's likeness for their character. Look at Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect and Lucy Stillman from Assassin's Creed. Would you call that self-promotion or the fact that the people behind the production think it'll work better and in some cases, it seems to?