Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Nintendo Switch

The dust has settled.

The nearly two year, 19-month drought comes to its end.

Today, Nintendo unveiled its newest home console, formally called NX, now known as Nintendo Switch.

The Nintendo Switch is being billed as a hybrid gaming console: making swift transition from home to portable gaming. In addition:

• Can be played with a standalone or detachable (to portable/Wii U-like) controller called the Joy-Con.
    • The large portion of the detachable controller can be used as a tablet to play games on while the ends (still called "Joy-Con") can be used as the controllers themselves.
    • Console is REGION-FREE.
    • Has a peripheral to keep all of them in place called the Joy-Con Grip.
    • Its main base (to hold and charge the peripheral) is called "Switch Dock." Also serves as the TV output being the home component.
    • Uses game cards like the 3DS.
    • NVIDIA confirms its software powers Switch.
    • Has Amiibo support

Here's more details of the console:
    CvN52pzWcAAV1N9.jpg

The console drops March 2017.
    Last edited by Twinny; 20-10-2016 at 21:24.
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew

I'm glad they didn't outright ape the PS4/Xbox One designs. I was fearing they would have to in order to appease the hardcore crowd.

Concept: "Mobius" is still alive. Check out the "new" area!
    Help needed for Sonic fangame project. Artists, programmers, and modelers, mainly. If you are interested, message me.

Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think this is what the Wii U should have been. Overall very nice though. The reception seems a lot better than the Wii U's.

I also personally liked how they showed the Switch in a potential eSports scene with Splatoon. Would be interesting to see Nintendo properly enter the eSports market.

Looks alright. Price will be the big factor for a lot of consumers. As with every other Nintendo console; it will live or die depending on 3rd party and retailer support.

Time will tell.

Blog Entries

buying day 1 if there is even the slightest performance or IQ upgrade for the new zelda. heck even if there isn't the portability is a huuuuuuuuuuuge pro for me especially if this means MonHun is coming to it, shits gonna look so good. Shame what happened to the WiiU, it was a really good console by the end of it but ah well.

It seems cool. I'm probably not gonna get it the month it is released. I'm sure it'll be pricey.

A re-packaged Nvidia Shield. Wireless controllers that look tiny but can be combined with the continuing hybrid tablet/console gimmick that didn't push WiiU units that much, why console makers can't give us a cabled option anymore is beyond me, sure the Steam Controller is wireless but you can hook a USB cable up to it and it'll work that way. Rumored ~$400 starting price when mentioned Shield is $300 for the PRO version. One of their big launch titles is a game that is just about five years old. 3DS style game carts so your $50-70 game can get lost more easily.

From what I've seen elsewhere online this has been the general reaction by fans to this latest attempt by Nintendo to say they're not dead yet...

Quote Originally Posted by voice View Post
    A re-packaged Nvidia Shield. Wireless controllers that look tiny but can be combined with the continuing hybrid tablet/console gimmick that didn't push WiiU units that much, why console makers can't give us a cabled option anymore is beyond me, sure the Steam Controller is wireless but you can hook a USB cable up to it and it'll work that way. Rumored ~$400 starting price when mentioned Shield is $300 for the PRO version. One of their big launch titles is a game that is just about five years old. 3DS style game carts so your $50-70 game can get lost more easily.

From what I've seen elsewhere online this has been the general reaction by fans to this latest attempt by Nintendo to say they're not dead yet...

THE PC GAMER HAS SPOKEN!! All other opinions are irrelevant!

I love cynical wankers who'll proclaim the worst with their hot take before we actually know any details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito-kun View Post
    THE PC GAMER HAS SPOKEN!! All other opinions are irrelevant!

I love cynical wankers who'll proclaim the worst with their hot take before we actually know any details.
    Was it the Steam Controller comment that got your jimmies all rustled? I could have said PS3 controller if that would have appeased you, I mean I did buy a 8 ft USB extension cable just so I could plug my PS3 controller in to the console when I used it. Maybe I should have said XBOX360 controller, who knows.

Perhaps providing a valid counter point would have been better than coming out of gate saying in a round-about way that my two cents are irrelevant because it wasn't a gushing "oh my god, I must have this!"
    Last edited by voice; 26-10-2016 at 19:44. Reason: Words are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by voice View Post
    Was it the Steam Controller comment that got your jimmies all rustled?
    Not at all! Your general attitude just stank of entitled, elitist PC gamer.