Nintendo Switch

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

voice wrote:A re-packaged Nvidia Shield. Wireless controllers that look tiny but can be combined with the continuing hybrid tablet/console gimmick that didn't push WiiU units that much, why console makers can't give us a cabled option anymore is beyond me, sure the Steam Controller is wireless but you can hook a USB cable up to it and it'll work that way. Rumored ~$400 starting price when mentioned Shield is $300 for the PRO version. One of their big launch titles is a game that is just about five years old. 3DS style game carts so your $50-70 game can get lost more easily.
While I'm not all excited about the Switch myself, I find this all to be speculation.

I get the Nvidia shiled comparison, but unless I'm wrong, it needs to be wirelessly connected to your PC to play games right? I mean already the Switch has a slight advantage in that area. Sadly wirless controllers are just the norm now, personally I prefer it, easier to store etc, but I totally get why people prefer wired.

The rumoured price is just that, a rumour. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Also if you lose your $50 - $70 game cart, that's on you. I've gotten this far without losing any of my cartridge games.

In my opinion, this is what the Wii U should if been in the first place, the idea of having Breath of the Wild portable is really cool and then coming home, attaching it to the dock and playing on the big screen after work. I have no doubt that it's going to be weaker than the PS4 and Xbone but Nintendo have always put out quality games which I prefer much more then how nice they look.

However, I would only get excited for the switch if it has decent third party support, I know Nintendo published a list of developers who are going to support it, but the Wii U had a similar list, only time will tell.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Week old but still relevant I guess.

[video=youtube;HaUjoH9ZTVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaUjoH9ZTVo[/video]
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Imagine a world where you don't have to wonder if the game has cross-save or cross-buy and the portable version wont look like total shit like most vita ports (here's looking at you square-enix).

edit: wait woah, watching the jimquisition and it only just now occurred to me that you could take the bits off and use them in each hand, this is very exciting.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Reknoc wrote: edit: wait woah, watching the jimquisition and it only just now occurred to me that you could take the bits off and use them in each hand, this is very exciting.
That was shown in the video in the OP, which you didn't watch. *shrug*

And Gonic I'd show you the list of confirmed developers for Switch but it's a bitch getting it to show on here. Confounded message board image limits.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Kaito-kun wrote:Not at all! Your general attitude just stank of entitled, elitist PC gamer.
Come on, man. Talking about hardware ≠ PC MASTERRACE.
Ryan the Game Master wrote: Anyway, there's a lot riding on the Switch. It's a console I'm looking forward to. I'm just bummed that Sonic's first game on it has to be Mania, and not anything groundbreaking.
You are getting confused, no one confirmed Mania for the Switch. You are thinking of Project 2017, which had NX on the trailer.
Click to reveal
Gonic wrote: I get the Nvidia shiled comparison, but unless I'm wrong, it needs to be wirelessly connected to your PC to play games right? I mean already the Switch has a slight advantage in that area.
Nope, it has its own games, streaming is just one of the features.
Gonic wrote: Sadly wirless controllers are just the norm now, personally I prefer it, easier to store etc, but I totally get why people prefer wired.
I have had bad experiences with wireless devices. Receivers dying, batteries crapping out all of a sudden, not being able to find new ones when needed, sometimes increased latency, etc etc.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Twinny wrote:That was shown in the video in the OP, which you didn't watch. *shrug*

And Gonic I'd show you the list of confirmed developers for Switch but it's a bitch getting it to show on here. Confounded message board image limits.
I did watch it, but only once and I was kinda half paying attention. Wasn't until Jim did his little breakdown did I notice that the guy did that.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Whooa21 wrote: Nope, it has its own games, streaming is just one of the features.
So stuff like indie games/random appsj or actual AAA games?
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

When you say own games, do you mean the ones on the play store? Or actual AAA games.

Also Twinny, I've seen the list, but that doesn't mean anything to me at this moment in time, the Wii U had a list and some devs actually just dropped their games for it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Ryan the Game Master wrote:Just block him. I did, and my life is better for it.
I'd be offended if I knew or cared about who your were.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Man come on guys! Can we all just shake hands and be nice?

As for the Switch, since it also acts as a handheld, does that mean no more DS?