Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito-kun View Post
    THE PC GAMER HAS SPOKEN!! All other opinions are irrelevant!

I love cynical wankers who'll proclaim the worst with their hot take before we actually know any details.
    Was it the Steam Controller comment that got your jimmies all rustled? I could have said PS3 controller if that would have appeased you, I mean I did buy a 8 ft USB extension cable just so I could plug my PS3 controller in to the console when I used it. Maybe I should have said XBOX360 controller, who knows.

Perhaps providing a valid counter point would have been better than coming out of gate saying in a round-about way that my two cents are irrelevant because it wasn't a gushing "oh my god, I must have this!"
    Last edited by voice; 26-10-2016 at 20:44. Reason: Words are hard.

It does suck we would to wait to at least January 2017 for any new info as the Switch's reveal was yet still a teaser.

If it even comes close to delivering on what it's promising then it's really nothing short of amazing honestly. Remote play is a fucking joke on every other systems and borderline unplayable for anything but Solitaire. Whether that will be something for third party companies to consider seriously supporting the Switch is yet to be seen but here's hoping.

Skyrim was a smart get as well, very mainstream. Not like it's ever going to lose relevancy any time soon either since it's just been released on PS4/Xbone.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
    It does suck we would to wait to at least January 2017 for any new info as the Switch's reveal was yet still a teaser.
    And we're getting it January 12th.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...55799302246400
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew

Quote Originally Posted by Reknoc View Post
    Skyrim was a smart get as well, very mainstream. Not like it's ever going to lose relevancy any time soon either since it's just been released on PS4/Xbone.
    Never followed it to see if they support mods, cause its just not the same without mods.

RSN Network: Website | Podcast
    Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
    Linux gamers represent!

Quote Originally Posted by voice View Post
    Was it the Steam Controller comment that got your jimmies all rustled?
    Not at all! Your general attitude just stank of entitled, elitist PC gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito-kun View Post
    Not at all! Your general attitude just stank of entitled, elitist PC gamer.
    I am disappointed by your weak counter argument, that is all.
    RSN Network: Website | Podcast
    Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
    Linux gamers represent!

I am disappointed by your weak counter argument, that is all.
    Just block him. I did, and my life is better for it.

Anyway, there's a lot riding on the Switch. It's a console I'm looking forward to. I'm just bummed that Sonic's first game on it has to be Mania, and not anything groundbreaking.

Concept: "Mobius" is still alive. Check out the "new" area!
    Help needed for Sonic fangame project. Artists, programmers, and modelers, mainly. If you are interested, message me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan the Game Master View Post
    Just block him. I did, and my life is better for it.

Anyway, there's a lot riding on the Switch. It's a console I'm looking forward to. I'm just bummed that Sonic's first game on it has to be Mania, and not anything groundbreaking.
    A good sonic game outside of the 90's is pretty groundbreaking tbh

A re-packaged Nvidia Shield. Wireless controllers that look tiny but can be combined with the continuing hybrid tablet/console gimmick that didn't push WiiU units that much, why console makers can't give us a cabled option anymore is beyond me, sure the Steam Controller is wireless but you can hook a USB cable up to it and it'll work that way. Rumored ~$400 starting price when mentioned Shield is $300 for the PRO version. One of their big launch titles is a game that is just about five years old. 3DS style game carts so your $50-70 game can get lost more easily.
    While I'm not all excited about the Switch myself, I find this all to be speculation.

I get the Nvidia shiled comparison, but unless I'm wrong, it needs to be wirelessly connected to your PC to play games right? I mean already the Switch has a slight advantage in that area. Sadly wirless controllers are just the norm now, personally I prefer it, easier to store etc, but I totally get why people prefer wired.

The rumoured price is just that, a rumour. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Also if you lose your $50 - $70 game cart, that's on you. I've gotten this far without losing any of my cartridge games.

In my opinion, this is what the Wii U should if been in the first place, the idea of having Breath of the Wild portable is really cool and then coming home, attaching it to the dock and playing on the big screen after work. I have no doubt that it's going to be weaker than the PS4 and Xbone but Nintendo have always put out quality games which I prefer much more then how nice they look.

However, I would only get excited for the switch if it has decent third party support, I know Nintendo published a list of developers who are going to support it, but the Wii U had a similar list, only time will tell.