Career Thread

What it says on the tin...
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

I'm studying at a training facility called New Horizons Computer Learning Center. Currently I am studying the Adobe Creative Cloud 2015 Suite (Adobe CC for short), and am loving it! Since I am a very creative person, this is perfect for me. :P Specifically, I am currently learning Adobe InDesign, which is an application for creating and, well, designing layouts for magazines, brochures and books. I literally have one tutorial video left to watch; after that, it's time to get Certified! I'm STOKED!! But what I am really excited for, is learning how to use Adobe Premiere (and possibly After Effects; have to see about that). Speaking of video editing, if you'd like to see a sample of my old works, go check out my YouTube channel, Rapid Run @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLsL9w ... _as=public

Ok, shameless plug aside ( :P ). If I were to get a job in using InDesign, one of my dreams is to work for a magazine like the new MegaVisions mag. Video editing-wise, not too sure. Wish I could do animation, but even if I do learn how to animate (which hopefully I will learn what used to be Adobe Flash), I am horrible at drawing from my mind. Like, I can only draw what I see, not what my mind sees.

Anyways, sorry for the rant; what kind of career do you all think I should pursue with these skills that I will acquire?

- - - Updated - - -

Also @Ryan the Game Master , you should check out New Horizons Computer Learning Centers, if you'd ever consider learning something other than writing. You know, just as a backup plan. Also, what's great about this training company, is that it is one of the largest training company (and currently the best) for IT in the world (and other things like Nursing, Graphic and Web Design, etc.), so they know their stuff. Check it out sometime! :) ( Sorry for advertising XD )
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

Thanks for the new posts! I assume the rest of the Radio Sega forum users are independently wealthy! ;)
voice
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by voice »

I fix fuck ups in IT at the enterprise level, AKA tech support for tech support.
RSN Network: Website | RSN Live (Matrix)
Reach out to me via the RSN Matrix / IRC or the RadioSEGA IRC
Linux gamers represent!
Protobustersword
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Protobustersword »

Midwinter wrote:Thanks for the new posts! I assume the rest of the Radio Sega forum users are independently wealthy! ;)
Well, Not me. That job i mentioned is only part-time, and the money i make off of that is pretty much mixed bag. I could be making triple-digits on one payday, and the next double-digits. It's not enough for me to be "wealthy."
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I study Architecture at the University of South Australia. Can't say it's what I've always wanted to study. I always was more of a concept artist and animation kind of guy. But I settled for Architecture as it was a bit higher paying and less hard to find jobs for it. Though it seems like Architecture isn't that much better with employment rates being pretty low.

I hope someday once I got a stable job, I can follow my animation and concept art hobbies. Maybe even write a story book I've been wanting to write forever.
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Hey, everyone, back from the dead...or at least the stasis pod I was contained in. JK

Anyway, I am studying chemical engineering at the Colorado School of Mines (NOT Minds or Mimes...I've heard both enough times.) I am a senior and will be graduating soon! (Yay!) I'm hoping to get employment in an oil refinery since I've been focusing on petroleum lately. But I still enjoy listening to video game music, and sometimes I think it's the only thing that keeps me sane.
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Ravsieg
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ravsieg »

supershadow01 wrote:Hey, everyone, back from the dead...or at least the stasis pod I was contained in. JK

Anyway, I am studying chemical engineering at the Colorado School of Mines (NOT Minds or Mimes...I've heard both enough times.) I am a senior and will be graduating soon! (Yay!) I'm hoping to get employment in an oil refinery since I've been focusing on petroleum lately. But I still enjoy listening to video game music, and sometimes I think it's the only thing that keeps me sane.
Oh, a fella Chem Eng student! Weird, here geologists get involved on the oil industry much more than us. It's either nanotechnology (specially polymeric) or energy saving / reutilization.

The closest I've seen was a classmate who wrote his masters degree thesis about improving methods to extract biodiesel from the paper processing byproducts.
Skyblaze
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Skyblaze »

I work as a DJ for hire. I do conventions, birthdays, house parties, weddings. I mostly play Indie/Rock/Metal stuff, but my real speciality is video game music. You can find my mixtapes here:
https://www.mixcloud.com/projectgenesis/

- - - Updated - - -

I work as a DJ for hire. I do conventions, birthdays, house parties, weddings. I mostly play Indie/Rock/Metal stuff, but my real speciality is video game music. You can find my mixtapes here:
https://www.mixcloud.com/projectgenesis/